ATV 3Hrs And 10 Km Whitewater Rafting - Chiang Mai
OverviewThis is our most popular combination package. Enjoy an 3 hour ATV ride through the Mae Taeng Valley combined with the action-packed class III-IV whitewater on the Mae Taeng River. Experience the jungle and rivers of Northern Thailand on this amazing day.The 3-hour ATV trip is set up for beginners to intermediate drivers. We start out with detailed instructions and a training course to get you comfortable with your vehicles. It covers roughly 40 km in distance it is a mix of on road and off road jungle terrain. It’s well-suited for those that would like to explore the local countryside and see it a different way.During the second part of the day you will tackle some of Thailand’s best whitewater rapids on a full-day rafting adventure from Chiang Mai. Expert guides ensure your safety as you cruise through the jungle along class III and IV rapids, and an included lunch and other amenities make for a worry-free day in the wilds of Northern Thailand.
We are the only company in Thailand to be certified by the International Rafting Federation and are ready to handle any rescue situation, should it occur.
The Red Cross certifies all of our guides in First Aid and CPR and we use the best safety equipment. EN CE helmets and UL Coastguard approved life jackets.
Our captains have successfully completed the White Water Rescue Technician Course arranged by Rescue 3 International, the world-renowned adventure activity training organisation.
Know More about this tour
Prepare for morning pickup at your Chiang Mai hotel, and drive around 1.5 hours to reach the rafting and ATV base camp. When you arrive, get a safety orientation and gear up with state-of-the-art helmets and life vests. The camp provides all the amenities you need to stay comfortable, including lockers, changing rooms with showers, and a minimart to pick up any last-minute snacks or supplies before launching onto your tour.
The river course features three different sections, beginning with a relatively calm stretch that winds through a lush, shady jungle and contains one class III rapid to warm up your paddling skills. Next, prepare to get wet on an adrenaline-pumping section peppered with class III and IV rapids that count among some of Thailand’s best whitewater. Finally, relax and soak up the scenery during a period of calm before finishing up the 6-mile (10-km) course with a thrilling patch of near-continuous rapids.
Rafters under the age of 15 or those who are less experienced can opt to skip the more challenging sections of the course by hopping out of the river and riding in a van along a road for about 1.2 miles (2 km), then rejoining the group after the most difficult stretch. Please note that river conditions can change depending on water levels. During high water times, total time on the river will be about 2 hours, while lower levels generally result in a 2.5-hour trip.
Use of showers, lockers and lunch are all included within the price. Vegetarian options are also available if requested in advance. Relax on the return ride to Chiang Mai, where the adventure concludes with hotel drop-off in the afternoon.
Inclusions for ATV 3Hrs And 10 Km Whitewater Rafting
- Transportation to and from our camp and the city
- All equepment
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Nature Trekking and Zip Lining from Chiang Mai Including Long Neck Tribe Village
- Half-Day Doi Suthep and Temples From Chiang Mai
- Best of Chiang Mai Day Tour: Oldest Tea Plantation and Doi Suthep Temple
- Suan Lahu Coffee and Tribal Experience from Chiang Mai
- Amazing Private Day Tour to Doi Suthep Temple and Sticky Bau Tong Waterfalls Including Karen Long Neck Village
- Private Tour: Half-Day Chiang Mai Temple Tour