Whitney Plantation Tour - New Orleans
OverviewA Personal Look into the Lives of Owners and Slaves in Antebellum Louisiana.This Plantation Tour is a tour of Whitney Plantation with a stop at a B&C Cajun Restaurant. Price includes French Quarter pick up and drop off from Rare Form Bar (437 Esplanade Ave, New orleans, LA 70116) Please be waiting at the pick-up point 1 hour prior to your start time The tour includes a stop at B&C Seafood Restaurant for Cajun cuisine (Option to purchase food and beverages & use restroom) Guided tour also allows the opportunity to visit the Museum, Baptist Church, and Gift Shop
Know More about this tour
The Whitney Plantation recently opened its doors to the public for the first time in its 262 year history as the only plantation museum in Louisiana with a focus on slavery. Through museum exhibits, memorial artwork, restored buildings and hundreds of first-person slave narratives, visitors to Whitney will gain a unique perspective on the enslaved people who lived and worked here.
The early owners of Habitation Haydel, later known as The Whitney Plantation, became wealthy producing indigo before the plantation transitioned to sugar in the early 1800s. Whitney is also significant because of the number of its historic outbuildings that were added to the site over the years, thus providing a unique perspective on the evolution of the Louisiana working plantation.
The Big House is one of the finest surviving examples of Spanish Creole architecture and one of the earliest raised Creole cottages in Louisiana.
The Whitney Plantation Historic District is on the National Register of Historic Places. As a site of memory and consciousness, the Whitney Plantation Museum is meant to pay homage to all slaves on the plantation itself and to all of those who lived elsewhere in the United States.
Inclusions for Whitney Plantation Tour
- Guide, transportation, admission to plantation. Food will be available to purchase at the B&C Cajun Restaurant if you wish to grab a bite. Gratuity is not included in the tour price. Your guide works hard to ensure your safety and well-being, please let them know if you had a good time.
Exclusions for Whitney Plantation Tour
- PLEASE BRING-Sunglasses-Hat-Camera-WaterPLEASE BE WAITING 1 HOUR PRIOR TO TOUR START TIME!!!Meeting location for transportation is in front of Rare Form Bar 437 Esplanade Ave.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: The 10am tour will go directly to the Whitney Plantation and then stop at B&C Cajun Restaurant after, while the 2pm tour will stop at the restaurant prior to visiting the Plantation.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- French Quarter Horse and Carriage Ride with Optional Cemetery Tour
- The Infamous City of the Dead Cemetery Tour
- The Ultimate 5-in-1 Haunted Tour Experience
- New Orleans Bike Tour
- Creole New Orleans Electric Bike Tour
- Your Backstage Pass Walking Tour of Cemeteries in New Orleans
- Our Sacred Stories Cemetery and Afro-Creole Music Cemetery Tour
- Whitney Plantation and Manchac Swamp Kayak Tour Combo