Wicklow And Glendalough Tour From Dublin
OverviewThe tour begins with an introduction to Dublin City, as heading south towards County Wicklow, known affectionately as the "Garden of Ireland". Beautiful lakes, dense forests and romantic brooks make this a wonderful scenic drive and a fine day out from the big city. See the scenery made famous by films such as 'Braveheart' and 'P.S. I Love You'. Make your way over the Wicklow mountains to Glendalough (minimum 1,5 hrs stop) - the valley of the two lakes. Enjoy a relaxing walk to the Upper Lake and explore the monastic ruins of St Kevin's monastery including its round towers, Celtic crosses and much more. On the return to Dublin pass by Lough Tay aka the Guinness lake, also the setting of the TV series "Vikings" and home to the Guinness family and their fine estate.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourDepart Dublin City
Begin with an introduction to Dublin City then leave the city behind and head south towards the Wicklow Mountains. Meet your fellow travelers for a great trip to the "Garden of Ireland." As the tour leaves the city, pass by Sugar Loaf mountain and descend through Ireland's highest village Roundwood on your way to magnificent Glendalough.Glendalough
Renowned for its magnificent scenery and rich and varied heritage in terms of history and archaeology, Glendalough is famed for the Braveheart wedding scenes and it really is one of the most beautiful visitor sites in all of Ireland. You will have 1.5 hours to explore the deep valley with its ruined Monastic City of Celtic crosses, round towers and much more. Known as the valley of 2 lakes, enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bank of the river, through the woods where we are greeted by babbling brooks, crystal cascades and the lakes of Glendalough. A real picture perfect moment.Travel through a real life movie set
If you are a fan of the Hollywood Blockbusters 'PS I Love You' and 'Braveheart' then join us on this tour! You will understand why Mel Gibson chose the Wicklow mountains to be the Highlands of Scotland and Glendalough to be the spot for the wedding scene. And then of course there are all the romantic scenes from 'PS I Love You', this is where Hilary Swank met Gerard Butler for the first time...you never know who you can meet!Wicklow mountains
The tour returns to Dublin, you'll be delighted with our wonderful half day tour and with great photos and memories to last a lifetime.
Inclusions for Wicklow And Glendalough Tour From Dublin
- Local guide
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Wicklow And Glendalough Tour From Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Malahide Castle Tour and 1hr Dublin Twilight Tour by Bus
- Dublin Historical Walking Tour including Trinity College
- Luxury Giant's Causeway and Northern Ireland Day Tour From Dublin
- Guinness Storehouse Signature Package: Skip-the-Line Admission and Gift Box
- 2-Day Kerry Tour from Dublin
- Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild Atlantic Way and Galway City from Dublin