OverviewCombine Ireland's stunning coastal and mountain scenery on this lovely rail tour from Dublin. You'll travel through the magical Wicklow Mountains, visit the traditional town of Avoca and explore the ancient monastic settlement at Glendalough. This scenic coach and rail trip from Dublin shows you the best of Ireland in one day.
Know More about this tourDeparting from Dublin Connolly Station, you'll travel by train (snack bar onboard) to village of Rathdrum, incorporating a journey into the heart of County Wicklow. Taking a stunning scenic coastal route you'll pass the magnificent Killiney Bay, a must-see Irish beauty-spot framed by the Great Sugar Loaf Mountain, and the sriking Bray Head hill. From here, your train tour swings inland to the mountains of County Wicklow, where you'll experience the 'Garden of Ireland' at its best!
On arrival at the village of Rathdrum, you'll join the coach for a journey through the Vale of Avoca. In the lovely village of Avoca (where the BBC series Ballykissangel was filmed) you can see famous Avoca wool-weavers at work and spend time at leisure.
Continue to the ancient monastic settlement at stunning Glendalough before rejoining the train for the scenic return journey to Dublin Connolly Station, conveniently arriving in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Wicklow Mountains, Avoca And Glendalough Rail Tour From Dublin
- Host on trains
- Information pack
- Reserved seats on trains
- Qualified driver-guide on coaches
- All travel by rail and coach from Dublin
Exclusions for Wicklow Mountains, Avoca And Glendalough Rail Tour From Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For infants 4 years and under, a fee of 5 euros per day is payable direct
This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc
Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries
Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly however buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps on to the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.