Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour From Krakow
OverviewVisit the legendary salt mines of Wieliczka near Krakow for a half-day guided tour and admire the beautiful salt sculptures made with "white gold".
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourWieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most precious and fascinating Polish monuments. The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as the beginning of the19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978).
The underground path leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and its legends. Wieliczka is the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies.
The tour starts with a descent of 64 meters by stairs. You are then led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface and the return to the surface is by lift.
Inclusions for Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour From Krakow
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Pickup from chosen hotels in Krakow
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Krakow City DIY audioguide (available after the booking)
Exclusions for Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour From Krakow
- Food and drinks
- Fee for photographing (available to purchase - around 2.50 Euros)
- Hotel drop off (we will drop you offat Krakowcity centre)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation and the free DIY Krakow City audioguide will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start)
Not recommended for participants with claustrophobia
Temperature at the Salt Mine is constant (around 14 degrees), please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.