Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow With Private Round-Trip Transfers
OverviewDescend into Wieliczka Salt Mine on this half-day tour from Krakow, with private round-trip transfers included. Choose a departure time that suits your schedule, meet a private driver at your hotel, and travel by private car to this UNESCO-listed mine. Then, on a guided group tour, explore the eerie saline galleries and chambers, home to salt-carved monuments, statues, lakes and the underground church of the Chapel of St Kinga. View the exhibitions of mining equipment dating from medieval times, before a private transfer whisks you straight back to your Krakow hotel.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourBegin your half-day tour with a pickup at your centrally located Krakow hotel at your desired time. Meet your driver, settle into your comfortable private car, and travel directly to the Wieliczka Salt Mine without any stops to pick up other passengers.
After a roughly 30-minute drive, arrive at the UNESCO-listed mine, leave your driver, and join a guided group tour of this 700-year-old complex of salt-cut tunnels and chambers that extends for nearly 200 miles (300 kilometers) underground.
Hear how the first shafts were dug in the 13th century and descend the steps to a depth of 210 feet (64 meters) to explore the three upper levels that make up the mines tourist route.
Then, with a guide leading the way, delve into the subterranean corridors, halls and chambers. As you walk, learn about the reputedly health-giving microclimate of this underground complex, and admire the salt-carved monuments and figurines that line the galleries and depict the characters, legends and events associated with the mine's history.
Along the way, enter the magnificent Chapel of St Kinga a subterranean church decorated with an altarpiece and chandeliers that are all hand-sculpted from salt. Listen fascinated as your guide recounts how it took two men more than 30 years to create this glittering underground sanctuary.
Walk past more salt shrines and view the eerie subterranean lake in the Eram Baracz chamber. Then, finish by viewing the displays of mining tools that were used to dig and work the shafts during the late Middle Ages.
Having explored to a depth of 443 feet (135 meters), ride the elevator back to the surface. Then, bid farewell to your group and meet back up with your private driver. Settle into your car and travel straight back to Krakow, where your tour finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow With Private Round-Trip Transfers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver
- Round-trip transport by private, air-conditioned car
- Entrance fee to salt mine
- Joining the guided tour
Exclusions for Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow With Private Round-Trip Transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
The temperature of the salt mine is approximately 57 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius); please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
Please note: the salt mine contains many steps
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Guests are recommended to bring a packed lunch on the day
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pieskowa Skala Castle and Czestochowa including the 'Black Madonna' Day Tour from Krakow
- Krakow Airport Arrival Transfer
- Private Tour: Krakow Catholic Churches and Monuments
- Krakow Balice Airport Transfer
- Private Tour: Krakow City Sightseeing by Electric Car With Live Guide
- Krakow Christmas Music Concert with Wine