Wiesbaden And Mainz Day Trip From Frankfurt
OverviewCombine a visit to the historical spa town of Wiesbaden with a tour of Mainz on a day trip from Frankfurt! With an expert local guide at your side, explore Wiesbadens center on a walking tour, and then ride up Neroberg Mountain aboard one of Germanys oldest water-powered trains. Spend your afternoon exploring the Rhine town of Mainz by foot, admiring Baroque churches and the Romanesque St Martins Cathedral.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll see all the sights with personalized attention from a guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourHop aboard your luxury vehicle in central Frankfurt and travel southwest to Wiesbaden, your first destination of the day. The capital of the German state of Hessen, Wiesbaden is known for being a historical spa town, with a collection of hot springs scattered around its center.
Take a stroll around the sophisticated little town with your guide, admiring the elegant Belle Epoque villas and historical Grnderzeit houses that line Wiesbadens leafy promenades. Stop outside Kurhaus the Art Deco spa building that houses Wiesbaden Casino and hear tales about the famous folk who have paid visits to the citys glamorous gambling den.
Another popular Wiesbaden attraction is Neroberg Mountain, an 800-foot (244-meter) hill lined with lush forests and parkland. Ride up the hill on the Neroberg Mountain Train Germanys oldest water-powered railway while soaking up spectacular views of Wiesbaden. Stop for lunch (own expense), and then pay a visit to the Russian Orthodox St Elizabeth Church with your guide. Hear of the Duke Adolf of Nassau who commissioned the church to be built as a memorial to his wife, and admire the extravagant dcor inside.
Travel down the hill on the Neroberg Mountain Train, and then board your vehicle for your short journey to Mainz an old city just south of the Rhine River. Stretch your legs on a walking tour, taking in the ornate Baroque churches, half-timbered houses and pretty cobblestone alleyways that typify Mainz city center. Pass Gutenberg Museum home to a staggering collection of printing artifacts and then visit St Stephens Church to see its stained-glass windows, designed by Marc Chagall.
Stroll to St Martins Cathedral for a look inside, admiring its Romanesque architecture and collection of religious works of art. After exploring, return to your vehicle for your journey to Frankfurt, finishing your tour at the start point.
Inclusions for Wiesbaden And Mainz Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip Neroberg Mountain Train ticket
Exclusions for Wiesbaden And Mainz Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to St Elizabeth Church (approx. 1 euro)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Frankfurt Sightseeing Cruise
- Private Departure Transfer to Frankfurt International Airport by Luxury Van
- Wertheim Village Shopping Day Trip from Frankfurt
- Private Airport Round-Trip Transfer: Frankfurt International Airport to Frankfurt Hotel Plus Return Trip
- Heidelberg and Schwetzingen Castles Day Trip from Frankfurt
- 4G Pocket WiFi in Frankfurt: Mobile Hotspot for 3 Days or More