Wild Dolphin Watching And Swimming In New Zealand - Tauranga
OverviewDolphin Seafaris is the premiere watching and swimming with wild dolphins Eco Tour operator in the Beautiful Bay of Plenty. Dolphin Seafaris will take you on a marine adventure to watch or swim with wild dolphins in their natural habitat. We offer 4-5 hour trips departing daily from Tauranga and Mount Maunganui in our stable, safe, luxourious, comfortable high speed launch. The Skippers and marine Biologists onboard are the most experienced in the Bay and provide a fun, informative and family friendly tour. We provide an organic experience on the Dolphins terms.
- Trip Advisor Award of Excellence 4 years in a row
- 100 percent safety record
- Half day tours so you can experience other amazing attractions in the area.
- Our first ever money back Dolphin Guarantee if you do not see dolphins or whales between December 1, 2017 and April 1, 2018. This year you get to choose if you want to come with us on another tour free of charge or get 50 percent of your money back.
- Departs daily during the main summer season from November to May
- Step aboard a purpose-built dolphin-viewing vessel and embark on a wild encounter with the ocean's most fascinating creatures. As the winner of a trip advisor award of excellence and qualmark certification, Dolphin Seafaris provides an educational and organic experience that's completely on the dolphin's terms.
Know More about this tour
Watch and swim with wild dolphins in their natural habitat.
Watching & Swimming with dolphins is one of the most awesome and incredible in water experiences you will ever have. You can either join us either to just watch, enjoy and experience the magic of our dolphin encounters, or swim with the wild dolphins.
We specialise in swimming with wild dolphins on our custom safe swim bars.
This enables us to get you closer to the wild dolphins whatever swimming experience you may have. Our swim encounters are totally natural with only small groups of 3-8 maximum in the water at any one time. Totally safe encounters, we have a 100% safety record with over 14 years in operation.
Our vessel ‘Guardian’ has a huge rear swim platform, unlike other boats, and has walk through access to the water with 2 large dive ladders for easy access in and out of the water.
Guardian has full facilities, W.C & washroom, Tea, coffee & snacks. Cruise in total comfort on our large couches indoors as well as outdoor seating on the lower level and large observation fly deck area.
As our vessel is the fastest eco charter vessel in the bay, we get you out to the dolphins and into the water before others may have left the quayside!! This also enables us to cover twice as much sea area quicker which more than doubles your chance of us finding a suitable pod to swim and interact with.
During your trip we often encounter pods of Orca’s (Killer Whales), Humpback, Brydes & Pilot Whales, Turtles, Seals & other marine and bird life. Being lower to the water than most other boats, we can get you very, very close to the dolphins for the very best photographic opportunities where you can also often hear them communicating with each other. Whenever possible, we free swim with the dolphins or use our custom built swim bars to gently tow you alongside the boat whilst dozens of dolphins glide below and all around you.
As part of your tours, you get to cruise out of the businest Harbour in New zealand, viewing cruise ships, container vessels log ships and other types of marine vessels. There is a great chance you will see the worlds smallest penguin as you cruise by the magestic Mount Maunganui. Mount Maunganui has over 1 million visitors per year, however is fantastic to see from the water in the morning.
The sunshine capital "Bay of Plenty" is home to diverse and spectacular sea life from majestic dolphins and orca to the beautiful fur seals, penguins and marine birds. The passionate team love marine life, especially dolphins, and enjoy educating guests. With many years working with marine animals and a high success rate of locating dolphins, Dolphin Seafaris will give you the dolphin encounter of a lifetime. Advance booking essential, Book Now
Inclusions for Wild Dolphin Watching And Swimming In New Zealand
- Wet suits, snorkel gear
- Fresh fruit and Muffins,
- Juice, hot drinks
- free parking
- wifi at the marina
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wairoa River Kayak Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Scenic Lake McLaren Kayak Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Waimarino Adventure Park
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia and Polynesian Spa from Tauranga
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia and Agrodome from Tauranga
- Full-Day Shore Excursion: Hobbiton and Te Puia Combo
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour from Tauranga
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights Including Whakarewarewa