- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 9 Mins
Departure Time :
06:00 a.m. 06:30 a.m. 07:00 a.m. 07:30 a.m. 08:00 a.m. 08:30 a.m. 09:00 a.m. 09:30 a.m. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Traveler pickup is offeredHOTEL PICKUP: Your tour guide will meet you at your hotel lobby at designated time, and the tour starts as soon as you see your tour guide.
Please choose "from center of Beijing" if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road, or else please choose "from outskirt of Beijing".
HOTEL PICKUP: Your tour guide will.. read more
PEK AIRPORT PICKUP: Please choose "from outskirt of Beijing", and provide your flight number / departure city / landing time after booking. The tour guide will meet you at the exit of the airport holding a piece of paper with your name written on, where all the people wait for their guests. Please pay attention to find your name and the tour guide.
Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China" />
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewThis private day tour will show you a completely wild section of the Great Wall at Jiankou as well as a renovated section at Mutianyu. Walking from Jiankou Great Wall to Muitanyu Great Wall is much easier and safer for most first-time Great Wall hikers. As long as you get on Zheng Bei Lou from the foot of the mountain, the rest of the hike will be mostly going down. The section at Jiankou is completely wild and untouched, and you may not see any other tourist. You'll also enjoy the best view at Jiankou when you stand on the top of Zheng Bei Lou. Starting out at Jiankou will leave the hard part behind once reaching the top. Meanwhile, you will enjoy a rare pleasant occasion with the wild lives such as snails, butterflies, lizards, millipedes, etc., which you could hardly find in city life. This private tour should be your preferable choice.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Jiankou Great Wall: completely wild and untouched, almost untouristic at all.
Mutianyu Great Wall: renovated but not crowded, beautiful as well.
1. Pick-up from the lobby of your centrally located hotel in Beijing-china">Beijing at designated pick-up time.
2. It takes around 2 hours to get to Jiankou Great Wall (foot of the mountain, Xizhazi village) in a private and air conditioned car.
3. The driver drops you off at Xizhazi village and will meet you again at the other end at Mutianyu.
4. Start with your private hiking guide from a small path in the mountain at Xizhazi village, where you can see both the wild mountain and part of a village with farmer's houses and crops.
5. Hike in the mountain for about 50 minutes before you get to the first tower - Zheng Bei Lou. This part is a little strenuous, but mostly moderate. You'll see the Great Wall in the mountain when you look up.
6. Get on the top of Zheng Bei Lou, where you can have the best and most magnificent view of Jiankou. And you can also fly a drone here.
7. Walk along the wall with your private guide to the east of Zheng Bei Lou, heading for Mutianyu. You'll reach the most difficult part Ox Horn. But you can choose either to hike the Ox Horn, or to take the shortcut.
8. When you get to Mutianyu, the Great Wall looks a little different from that at Jiankou. Mutianyu is more renovated while Jiankou is completely wild and isolated. Fortunately, Mutianyu is not so crowded as Badaling Great Wall.
9. You'll walk to the 10th tower at Mutianyu and get down the Great Wall.
10. Finish the hiking, and take the shuttle bus to get down the mountain (your tour guide will arrange everything and you just need to follow), and get on the car again.
11. You'll be driven to a traditional Chinese restaurant to have lunch ( 20 minutes' driving from the entrance of Mutianyu to the restaurant). It is typical Chinese food with different dishes and rice as the main food.
12. After lunch, you will be transferred back to downtown Beijing and dropped off at your hotel. It takes around 1.5 hour to drive back to your centrally located hotel in Beijing.
1. The whole hiking and walking distance is around 10km (6.2 miles), about 3 or 4 hours; lunch is usually 1 or 1.5 hour. Otherwise, as this is a private tour, everything could be more flexible.
2. Your private English speaking hiking guide will be with you all the time from the beginning to the end.
3. There are snacks and water provided in this tour and you don't need to carry water and snacks.
4. It's the best way to hike from Jiankou to Mutianyu, because almost all the way are downward as long as you conquer the mountain in the beginning.
English-speaking hiking tour guide
Hotel /PEK airport pickup and drop-off & transfer in private air-con vehicle
Chinese lunch (beer/Coca cola/Sprite/normal beverage included)
Bottled water and snacks (snickers, bananas etc..)
Necessary entrance fees to the Great Wall
Necessary shuttle bus ticket at Mutianyu Great Wall
Gift as souvenir
Entry/Admission - The Great wall of Jiankou-The Great Wall Alternative
Cable car or toboggan ticket at Mutianyu Great Wall
Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Wearing comfortable shoes or boots for hiking, extra water, necessary snacks as the lunch might be late, sunscreen, sun-glasses, cap, any other personal things.
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
I was on a business trip to China and left a couple days early to explore Beijing. I really wanted to see the wild wall, away from the tourists, and am so glad I found this tour. My guide Gerry was outstanding. He met me at my hotel at 7:30am and took care of everything until we returned around 5pm. It was about a 2 hour drive from the city center to the trailhead. Then we had about an hour of a tough trail hike to get to the wall (this was the most strenuous part). The wall was absolutely amazing, towering above a huge valley surrounded by very tall mountains. We spent about 2 hours hiking the wild Jiankou section and saw very few other hikers - it was pretty special to be in such a beautiful place, getting to experience the historic wall first hand and without the crowds. Gerry took me on the Ox Bow section, which was pretty steep, but well worth the view and experience (there is a shortcut to bypass this section for the faint of heart). Once we got to the Mutianyu section, it got pretty crowded, but this was only for about 45 minutes until we got to the cable car to go down. After the hike, Gerry took me to a great restaurant serving local food and it was amazing. This tour was by far the best part of my trip and if I make it back to Beijing, I will definitely do it again. Thanks for an amazing day, Gerry!