Wildlife Cruise From John O'Groats
OverviewEnjoy a spectacular afternoon Wildlife cruise from John O'Groats this summer. Pass rugged cliff scenery and see arctic skuas, storm petrels, colonies of guillemots, puffins, razorbills, kittiwakes, Atlantic grey seals and much more!
Know More about this tourThis Wildlife Cruise departs every summer afternoon from John O'Groats. Cruise past rugged cliff scenery looking out for arctic skuas, storm petrels, colonies of guillemots, puffins, razorbills, kittiwakes, Atlantic grey seals, porpoise and even the occasional whale.
The decks provide a superb platform from which to view the diverse wildlife of the Pentland Firth. If you prefer you can sit in the comfortable saloon and view through the many windows along the length of the vessel. It's a great way to enjoy the thrill of viewing Scottish Marine Wildlife in its natural environment. A great afternoon out for all the family.
The particular route for the cruise will depend on the prevailing tide and weather conditions, however the two main routes are:
- Cruise through the Pentland Firth past Duncansby Head lighthouse passing close to sheer 200-feet high cliffs teeming with sea-birds followed by a close-up view of the famous Stacks of Duncansby
- Cross the inner sound of the Pentland Firth for a close-up view of the uninhabited island of Stroma and colonies of Atlantic Grey Seals.
Birdlife will be seen on all cruises however some have distinct breeding cycles and after their particular nesting season will travel far out to sea. For example Puffins will be seen in large numbers in June and July but in much smaller numbers in August.
Inclusions for Wildlife Cruise From John O'Groats
- Ferry crossing
- English speaking guide
Exclusions for Wildlife Cruise From John O'Groats
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
Child prices apply to children aged 5 - 15 years of age
Infants aged 4 years and under are free of charge, providing they do not occupy a seat
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.