Wilsons Promontory Cruise From Phillip IslandWrite a Review
OverviewHop aboard a comfortable catamaran for a full-day tour to Wilsons Promontory National Park. Cruise along southern Australias gorgeous coastline for up-close views of remote locations like Skull Rock, Glennie Island, the historic Wilsons Promontory lighthouse, and enjoy stops at pristine beaches and nature reserves including the Kanowna Island seal sanctuary. Anchor at Refuge Cove for a buffet lunch plus two hours to swim, snorkel and lounge on the white-sand beach. Your cruise includes morning and afternoon tea, lunch and nibbles served at sunset on the boat.
Know More about this tourDeparting from Port Welshpool at 9.30 am, your captain and crew will welcome you aboard the comfortable 62-foot (19-meter) motorized catamaran. Indoor and outdoor decks with ample seating provide excellent views as your boat sails over to Wilsons Promontory National Park, affectionately known as The Prom.
Situated on the southernmost point of mainland Australia, Wilsons Promontory encompasses a vast nature reserve laced with swimming and surfing beaches along Bass Strait. The park harbors abundant native wildlife including kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, emus and colorful birds like rosellas and parrots, while dolphins, seals and whales are often spotted offshore.
Throughout the day, your captain shares informative and entertaining commentary. Cruise close to Skull Rock and remote granite islands like Glennie Island, a nature reserve and important breeding ground for short-tailed shearwaters and little penguins. You’ll also check out Kanowna Island seal sanctuary, which hosts one of only four breeding colonies of Australian fur seals. It is also an important site for breeding seabirds.
As you approach Wilsons Promontory, its historic 1859 lighthouse comes into view, perched on the southernmost point of Australia's mainland. Enjoy close views of the lighthouse, which by land can only be reached on foot by walking 11 miles (18 km).
Enjoy a 2-hour stop in Refuge Cove where you can fuel up with a delicious buffet lunch prepared by your crew, and swim, snorkel or stroll along the sparkling white-sand beach. With morning and afternoon tea, plus light nibbles served at sunset, you won't go hungry.
At the end of a memorable 9-hour cruise, your captain returns you to Phillip Island.
A bus pick up is available to be booked directly through wildlife coast cruise at an additional cost of $25 per person.
Pick up/Drop off from Cowes, San Remo, Wonthaggi, Inverloch, Meeniyan and Foster.
Inclusions for Wilsons Promontory Cruise From Phillip Island
- Live commentary on board
- Morning tea and sunset nibbles
- Buffet lunch
Exclusions for Wilsons Promontory Cruise From Phillip Island
- Food and drinks (drinks available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Stroller accessible (Not recommended for children under the age of 4-years or those with limited mobility)
Cruises are weather dependent, please contact your local tour operator prior to departure. Please dress appropriately.
Operates in open water. The vessel motion may cause discomfort to those who are affected by motion sickness
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Phillip Island Twilight Cruise
- Entry To Panny's Amazing World Of Chocolate At Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
- Phillip Island Tour Including Cape Woolamai Walking Trail
- A Maze'N Things Admission With Optional Phillip Island Chocolate Factory General Entry
- Phillip Island 3 Park Pass: Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Centre And Churchill Island Heritage Farm
- Mornington Peninsula Markets Shuttle By Boat From Phillip Island
- Phillip Island Seal-Watching Cruise
- Cape Woolamai Sightseeing Cruise From San Remo
- Wilsons Promontory Day Trip From Phillip Island