Windjana Gorge And Tunnel Creek 4WD Tour From Broome
OverviewVisit two of the Kimberley regions most popular attractions on a full-day trip by 4WD to Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek. Enjoy morning tea at the Fitzroy River, visit the historic Boab Prison Tree and look for fossils in the ancient oasis of Windjana Gorge. Your Kimberley excursion from Broome also includes a guided walk through the underground caves of Tunnel Creek, and the chance to cool off in a tranquil waterhole in a beautiful subterranean setting.
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with an early morning departure from Broome as you travel east into the Kimberley gorges by 4WD. Listen to your guide's expert commentary on the history and geography of the countryside you're traveling through, and stop for morning tea at the Willare Roadhouse beside the Fitzroy River. Visit the historic Boab Prison Tree, measuring more than 50 feet (15 meters) and believed to be more than 1,500 years old.
Your tour continues along the Gibb River Road, traveling towards the ancient Napier Range and Windjana Gorge. Experience the tranquil beauty of this remote oasis, where the limestone walls rise more than 300 feet (90 meters). Keep an eye out for freshwater crocodiles and birds hiding in the Lennard River that runs through Windjana Gorge, and look for fossils of shells and sea creatures on the soaring rock walls.
After enjoying a picnic lunch at Windjana Gorge, spend the afternoon exploring Tunnel Creek on a guided walking tour. Discover secret caves in the network of underground tunnels that run for half a mile beneath the Napier Range, and take a refreshing swim in a picturesque waterhole. Hear legends from the past, including the tale of Jandamarra, a local Aborigine who led an insurrection against the settlers and hid out in the gorge in the 1890s.
The last stop on your tour is a sunset visit to the ruins of Lillimooloora Station, revealing the history of white settlement in this area more than a century ago.
Your return trip by 4WD includes an optional dinner (own expense), arriving back in Broome at around 10:30pm.
Inclusions for Windjana Gorge And Tunnel Creek 4WD Tour From Broome
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Windjana Gorge And Tunnel Creek 4WD Tour From Broome
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sun protection, water bottle and wear comfortable walking shoes
Please bring a pair of shoes you don't mind getting wet, such as reef sandals or sneakers
Due to uneven surfaces and a moderate amount of walking, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.