Windsor Castle Admission With Transport From London
OverviewExplore Windsor Castle independently on a day trip from London, and hear its incredible history from an audio guide! While walking around at your own pace, visit rooms like the State Apartments and see Queen Marys Dolls House. Learn about King Henry VIII, who once lived in the castle, and see his final resting place inside St Georges Chapel before returning to London.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourBoard your luxury coach in Victoria, central London, and travel west out of the capital to Windsor a well-heeled little town thats best known as the home of Windsor Castle the official residence of the Queen. Blanketing an area of 13 acres (5 hectares), the castle grounds cover an impressive list of sights to see, like St Georges Chapel, Queen Marys Doll House and the plush State Apartments.
Head inside with your entrance ticket and explore at your own pace, learning about the castles history that steeped into its stones. Pick up an audio guide, and listen to entertaining commentary as you amble around; learn about Sir Edwin Lutyets, the British architect who created Queen Marys Dolls House for the young monarch in the early 1920s, and hear about the different monarchs who furnished the impressive State Apartments according to their tastes.
Admire priceless work of art by the likes of Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt, and explore St Georges Chapel to discover the final resting place of various monarchs including King Henry VIII one of the more flamboyant characters that have lived in the castle.
The Changing of the Guard ceremony takes place daily, so you can try to catch it while exploring the town. Usually accompanied by a military band, soldiers march up the high street to Windsor Castle in colorful red tunics and bearskin hats, representing the pomp and ceremony (some say eccentricity of the British Royal Family.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time and travel back to London in the comfort of your luxury coach. Your day trip finishes in the neighborhood of Kensington, central London, in the early evening.
Inclusions for Windsor Castle Admission With Transport From London
- Entrance fees to Windsor Castle
- Entry to Windsor Castle State Apartments
- Visit Queen Marys Dolls House & St Georges Chapel
- Audio guide
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury coach
Exclusions for Windsor Castle Admission With Transport From London
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tour guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Audio guides are provided in different languages at Windsor Castle: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish
St. Georges Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day
*During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport