Windsor Castle, Stonehenge And Oxford Full Day Tour - London
OverviewA full day escorted tour to Windsor Castle, the ancient monoliths at Stonehenge, and a walking tour through the University Town of Oxford.
- Visit to Windsor Castle, the State Apartments and St George's Chapel
- Visit the ancient circle of Stonehenge
- Walking tour of Oxford
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
- Personal Audio Headset
Know More about this tour
Built high above the River Thames, Windsor Castle has been home to the Royal Family for 900 years and is still an Official Residence of the Queen. We visit the magnificent State Apartments*, still used for State occasions and Royal receptions. Take some time to explore the castle grounds and the fourteenth-century St. George's Chapel, one of the most beautiful examples of medieval church architecture in England and a burial place of kings and queens, including Henry VIII and his third wife Jane Seymour.
Clouded in mystery, the ancient stone circle of Stonehenge is an amazing feat of engineering and the most important prehistoric site in England, but beyond its archaeological significance and possible astronomical role, Stonehenge is also a place of spiritual importance. Early legends link it with Merlin and King Arthur, but over the last hundred years the midsummer sunrise has attracted pagan groups and followers of the Ancient Order of Druids.
Known as 'The City of Dreaming Spires', Oxford has been a seat of learning since 1249. Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of the city, passing Trinity College, the Sheldonian Theatre, the newly renovated Ashmolean Museum and the Martyr's Memorial. See Divinity School, made famous in the Harry Potter films, and learn why this magical city inspired so many writers, including Lewis Carroll, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
Inclusions for Windsor Castle, Stonehenge And Oxford Full Day Tour
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge is included in the tour price.
- The state of the art VOX Radioguide system is used during the walking sections of this tour: guests are issued with a personal headset ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The London Bridge Experience and Thames River Cruise
- The View from the Shard with Thames River Cruise
- Windsor Castle Bath and Stonehenge from London
- Private Transfer from Heathrow Airport to Dover Port
- Private London to Southampton Cruise Transfer
- Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport