Windsor Castle, Stonehenge And Oxford Day Trip From London
OverviewVisit the royal castle in Windsor, unearth Neolithic secrets at Stonehenge and explore the timeworn city of Oxford all in one day. With a professional guide, set off from central London by coach to visit three of Englands most famous sights outside of the capital. Make use of your included entrance tickets to enjoy audio tours of Windsor Castle and the UNESCOlisted Stonehenge. Then finish your day trip with a walking tour of Oxfords honey-stoned university buildings.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourStart your day trip at Victoria Coach Station to meet your guide and board the coach to Windsor Castle.
When you pull up outside the castle, an official residence of Queen Elizabeth II, head inside with your included ticket and audio guide to explore highlights like the State Apartments and St. Georges Chapel. Depending on timing, you might also be able to watch the guards, dressed in cherry red tunics and bearskins, performing the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony.
After roughly two hours, continue to Stonehenge, the mysterious, UNESCO World Heritage-listed stone circle set on the Salisbury Plain. During the audio tour, hear the theories behind the creation of this prehistoric site, as well as its association with Merlin and King Arthur.
Next, head for the honey-hued city of Oxford, home to Britains oldest and perhaps most prestigious university. Plug into your provided headset and follow in the footsteps of luminaries like J.R.R. Tolkien with a guided tour of the universitys famous buildings, including Christchurch College and the Bodleian Library.
When the time comes, journey back to London by coach, where your day trip ends at Victoria Coach Station.
Inclusions for Windsor Castle, Stonehenge And Oxford Day Trip From London
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 53 people)
- Wi-Fi access on coach
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge
- Oxford walking tour
Exclusions for Windsor Castle, Stonehenge And Oxford Day Trip From London
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
Windsor Castle viewing is restricted on Sundays, and St George's Chapel is closed
Please note: Windsor Castle is closed 7, 14, 15-17 January, 29 & 30 March, 1 & 20 April, 19 May, the tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead
Please note: the State Apartments are closed on the following dates: 5, 6, 8-13, 18, 19 January, 19, 21 April. On these dates the tour will visit Queen Mary's Doll House and St Georges Chapel instead
Please note: Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on 20 and 21 June due to the Summer Solstice. On these dates the tour will visit Avebury instead of Stonehenge
Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.