Wine Cava And Gastronomy Small Group Penedés Tour With Hotel Pick Up - Barcelona
OverviewJoin us on an exciting journey to Peneds , a Catalan region known for its production of still white wines and Cava, the iconic sparkling wine of Catalonia. Discover the world of wine on a walk through the vineyards and cellars. Learn all about the traditional method champenoise used in the elaboration of Cava. Our professional guide will pick you up at your accommodation in a private vehicle and take you on a comfortable ride across vineyards and fields to Peneds, just a few kilometers from Barcelona. Once there, you will visit a wine cellar , the Cava Interpretation Center and a Cava Cellar . This is your opportunity to indulge in the delicious local cuisine, paired with the regions most representative wines, all while enjoying a wonderful view. A fun way to become an expert in Catalan wine!
Know More about this tourAs evidenced by an archeological site dating back to the VII Century (BC), Peneds is one of Spains oldest wine growing regions. It was originally discovered by the Phoenicians, Iberians, Greeks and Romans who introduced and perfected the art of winemaking in our homeland.
This region is known not only for its wines, but also for its Cava, a Designation of Origin sparkling wine elaborated with the traditional champenoise method . According to this winemaking technique, secondary fermentation takes place inside the bottle, resulting in carbonation that is absorbed into the wine. The process results in the development of fine bubbles in the wine. We can trace back the production of Cava to the second half of the XIX Century. Through the years, this style gained popularity, until eventually becoming the most representative sector in the Catalan wine business. Sant Sadurn dAnoia , located in the heart of the Penedes region is considered to be the Capital of Cava.
Our professional guide will pick you up at your accommodation in a private vehicle and drive your small group (max 8 people) to the nearby Peneds region. The small group size will allow you to enjoy a more personalized tour with constant attention from your guide, who will answer any questions you may have along the way. We will start by visiting the Bodegas Torres , located in the heart of Peneds. Here is where some of the most highly valued and best known Spanish wines are produced. We will enjoy a visit through the Mas La Plana vineyard and a tour of the Waltraud Cellar. The visit will end with a tasting of 2 wines from Torres.
Next, we will continue with our drive through Catalan wine country and stop at the Cava Interpretation Center in the Capital of Cava. Here we will learn about the history and technological processes behind the elaboration of Cava. After visiting the different exhibits, we will finish with a tasting of local Cava.
For lunch we will stop at Mirador de les Caves and share a delicious local menu of 2 plates and dessert paired with excellent local wines . After indulging in some classic culinary treasures from Catalunya, we will visit Cava Llopart. As we enjoy stunning views over the Montserrat Mountains and Peneds, we will learn allabout the history of the brand, the growing cycle of the grapevine and the important ideas behind organic agriculture. Next, we will visit the facilities and finish the tour by tasting 3 different Cavas, paired with a light aperitif .
This exciting adventure to Catalan wine country is truly a pleasure for the senses. Enjoy some of the regions traditional wines and Cavas while becoming a true expert in Penedes and its wine.
Inclusions for Wine Cava And Gastronomy Small Group Penedés Tour With Hotel Pick Up
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off
- Tour of Bodegas Torres + tasting of 2 wines
- Visit to the Cava Interpretation Center + Cava tasting
- Lunch at Mirador de les Caves (2 plates and dessert + wine pairing)
- Tour of Cava Llopart + tasting of 3 Cava wines + light aperitif
- Small groups (maximum 8 people)
Exclusions for Wine Cava And Gastronomy Small Group Penedés Tour With Hotel Pick Up
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any private expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe