Wine, Tapas, Cava And Traditional Wineries - BarcelonaWrite a Review
Discover the insights of Catalan culture through wine, cava, and gastronomy. This tour brings an incredible opportunity to visit two family-run high-quality wineries in two wine-making regions in the outskirts of Barcelona: DO Penedès and DO Pla de Bages.
- Visit Can’Estella, a boutique backroad Cava winery
- Taste a glass of cava in an old wine tank
- Enjoy three cavas with international awards
- Explore the grounds of Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Visit the vineyards, castle, and cellar
- Samplethreeorganic wines
- Learn about how wine and cava are made during the cellar tours
- Best Catalan food: traditional tapas and artisanal cheese
Know More about this tour
Ca n’Estella Cava Winery
The first stop of this amazing wine and cava tour will be Finca Can’Estella, a small boutique winery built in the late 18th century in D.O. Penedès. Anna, the 3rd generation of winemakers in the state, will be happy to greet you upon arrival if she is not promoting their wines around the world. Their Clot dels Oms wines and their Rabellati Vidal cavas have great international recognition and have been awarded with over ninety international prizes in the last 10 years. In fact, their 2013 Chardonnay ranked amongst the ten best Chardonnay wines in the whole world – and sold out immediately after!
At Ca n’Estella we will make sure that you discover the secrets of the famous Catalan sparkling wine, with a wine-making process very similar to champagne. You will visit the production area, taste a delicious cava inside an old tank, and visit the private house. The cherry on top will be a visit to the cava, the underground “cave” where the wines are aged. During the visit, you will stop to taste their best two cavas paired with a delicious regional hot and cold tapas lunch.Make sure to let us know upon booking if you have any dietary restrictions!
Oller del Mas Cellar
After discovering the best cavas inD.O.Penedès, we will drive by the feet of Montserrat mountain towards our second destination in D.O. Pla de Bages – Oller del Mas Cellar. Located in a former medieval castle, this winery is focused on producing organic red wine, as the region has the perfect terroir for growing red grapes. There has been a wine-making tradition in this property for almost a thousand years, which had to be interrupted for half a century due to a devastating plague. The current owner, Frank, along with his father, restarted the tradition and made of wine-making his passion. Just like in Ca N’Estella, there is plenty of history in the property and in the family who has been running it for over a thousand years.
Finally, you will get to taste three organic wines of the estate as well as an artisanal cheese platter. An excellent way to put an end to an unforgettable wine experience in Barcelona.
Inclusions for Wine, Tapas, Cava And Traditional Wineries
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Guided visit at Ca n’Estella cava cellar and private house
- Three Rabellati Vidal cava tasting
- Regional tapas lunch
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, castle, and cellar
- Three organic red wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Possibility to purchase wine at both cellars and ship it to your home
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Free Wi-fi on the bus*
Exclusions for Wine, Tapas, Cava And Traditional Wineries
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Tips and gratuities
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.