Wine Tasting Bike Tour Departing Vienna
OverviewSpend a day in the Austrian countryside on this bike tour from Vienna! Enjoy wine tasting, easy biking through breathtaking scenery, swimming in the Danube and feasting on traditional wine taverns in one of Austria's best wine regions, the Wachau Valley.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave Vienna behind for a full day in the countryside. Imagine a glorious Austrian day of sipping, swirling and slurping through one of the countrys best winemaking regions, the Wachau Valley. Does it sound wonderful? Make it a reality on this guided bike tour from Vienna!
Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the city. Youll arrive in the Wachau Valley from Vienna by train, and then hop on your bike (rental included) to explore with your guide. Enjoy the freedom and fresh air of biking in the scenic countryside, with magnificent vineyards on both sides of the Danube River.
Sample Austrian wines at small, family-run wineries and pedal along the river. Visit six stunning villages, all of which offer lots of photo opportunities, before spending some free time swimming in the Danube or playing beach volleyball.
Learn why Austrian wine and schnapps are some of the best in the world and meander through the magnificent fortress ruins of Drnstein (King Richard the Lionheart's prison).
When your time in the valley is up, take the train back to Vienna.
Inclusions for Wine Tasting Bike Tour Departing Vienna
- Guided bike tour including bike rental
- Wine tastings and other local specialties
- Professional guide
- Helmet and rain poncho for the duration of the tour
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau Valley
Exclusions for Wine Tasting Bike Tour Departing Vienna
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Total cycling distance is approx. 16 miles (25 kilometers)
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
Lunch is available at one of the local wine taverns (approx. 9.50 euros payable directly). Vegetarian option is also provided.
Electric bikes are available for an extra fee of 21 euros (payable on the day), subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kursalon Vienna: Johann Strauss and Mozart Christmas Concert with Optional Gala Dinner
- Imperial Grand Tour: Vienna City and Wienerwald
- 3-hour Kick Bike Tour Through Vienna with Locals
- Private Full-Day Prague Tour from Vienna
- Kursalon Vienna: Johann Strauss and Mozart New Year's Concert with Optional Gala Dinner
- Vienna Schnbrunner Gardens Mini-Train Tour