Kick back and relax on this five-hour wine tour near Portland. This small group, semi-private tour will take you to 3+ wineries in Oregons famed Willamette Valley. Limited to six people, the tour includes a gourmet lunch along with snacks and water. Sip delicious wines from boutique vineyards and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Your WSET certified Personal Sommelier will be your expert guide to help you understand why the Willamette Valley is so unique. This is not just another wine tour. It's a rare opportunity to diversify your wine cellar with the guide of a Personal Sommelier.
- Lunch included
- Fully narrated tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tour
The Willamette Valley of Oregon is home to some of the best wine in the Pacific Northwest. Bordered by the green coastal ranges to the west and the snow-capped Cascade Range to the east, the valley features rich alluvial soils washed down from ice-age floods and numerous microclimates along scenic waterways and rustic farms. Although the area offers an abundance of varietals and styles for the discerning wine drinker, it is probably best known for its world-class Chardonnay and Pinot Noirs the famed grapes of Burgundy in France.
After your complimentary morning pickup from your centrally located Portland hotel, residence or central landmark, the tour begins with a brief introduction from your driver and guide who also happens to be a WSET-certified sommelier. As you leave the frenetic pace of the city behind, your guide will fill you in on the local history and unique qualities that make the region such an ideal place for growing high-quality, premium wine grapes. Also, from April to October this six-hourpublic tour includes a pickup at the Newberg Sportsman Airpark in conjunction with our hot air balloon package.
Your tour will visit between 3 and 4 wineries throughout the day and include bottled water, healthy snacks and a complimentary lunch featuring vegetarian and gluten-free options. Tasting fees are included for all stops up to $15 and you will have abundant options to purchase, ship, and sample additional wines at your own discretion and cost. The trip ends with a drop-off back at centrally located Portland locations or the Newberg Airpark, where you can proceed to nearby neighborhood restaurants to sample the local fare or back to your hotel or lodging to sleep off the amazing wine.
Note: Groups of two or three may be combined with your approval.
Inclusions for Wine Tour Of Willamette Valley With A Personal Sommelier
- Wine tasting fees (up to 3 wineries)
- Lunch (with vegetarian and gluten-free options)
- WSET-certified wine professional driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Healthy snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
Exclusions for Wine Tour Of Willamette Valley With A Personal Sommelier
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Vegetarian and gluten-free option is available
Non-drinking pricing available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.