Wineries Honey And Black Sand Beaches From Auckland
OverviewVisit historic Kumeu River Wines. Taste wine from Coopers Creek and Matua, then take lunch at Provenance Cafe and try their honey. See rolling hills, farmland and sea birds flying over black sand beaches.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- A la carte lunch included
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourVisit the winery of historic Kumeu River Wines owned and operated by the Brajkovich family. Pioneers in New Zealand wine since 1944 they specialize in producing Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewurtztraminer and Pinot Noir only from their own locally grown Kumeu Estates. The wine maker Michael Brajkovich MW became New Zealand’s first Master of Wine.
Taste wine at Coopers Creek where they have an excellent range of award winning classic and "not so familiar" varietals like Arneis, Albarino, GrunerVeltliner and Montepulciano. Take ann open menu one course lunch at "Provenance of Matua Valley" and if you wish try the range of native flora and Manuka UMF honey’s.
Relax with a side trip through rolling sheep country to visit the Muriwai black sand beach. See the rugged West Coast & regional Park meeting the Tasman Sea.
In the afternoon visit Matua Wines for a generous selection of varietals and blends in the cellar door shop. Matua Wines was the first wine company in New Zealand to produce Sauvignon Blanc.
Inclusions for Wineries Honey And Black Sand Beaches From Auckland
- Wine tasting
- National Park Fees
- Local Guide
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Wineries Honey And Black Sand Beaches From Auckland
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.