Winter Canadian Rockies Canyon Hike - BanffWrite a Review
OverviewHike through a winter wonderland in the heart of the Canadian Rockies below the towering Grotto Mountain. This family friendly hike leads up an icy canyonscoured white by flood waters, past pictographs,ice falls and interesting rock formations such as Hoodoos!Enjoy the riddle of theHopi natives when they traveled up by foot from the four corners of the USA. This hike includes walking crampons, a snack and an interpretive component.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Canmore at 9am. After a brief introduction and outline of the day you will complete waivers, medical forms, and fit walking crampons to your boots.
After a short twenty minute drive, you will arrive at the trailhead ready to hike and explore. This 4-hour winter tour takes you up an icy creek bed through a narrow canyon to an interesting conglomerate rock formation. Along the way enjoy pictographs, ice falls, and possibly ice climbers. Experience an exhilarating and beautiful hike, immerse yourself in this wondrous canyon in the Canadian Rockies this winter.
This tour includes walking crampons, a local guide, a snack, and an interpretive component. Please come prepared with a camera, lunch, water, day pack, insulated winter boots, wind jacket and pants, warm layers, toque, mittens, and a scarf.
Inclusions for Winter Canadian Rockies Canyon Hike
- Ice walking crampons
- Local Guide
Exclusions for Winter Canadian Rockies Canyon Hike
- Winter clothing
- Insulated hiking boots
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
After registering, provide boot size for fitting crampons.
Please come prepared with winter clothing, well fitting winter boots, food, and water for the day, it can reach temperatures well below zero in the winter.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.