Wonderful Tuscany Wine Tour In Chianti Wine Region Siena And San Gimignano - Florence
Overview9.30 am Departure from Florence.10.15am Visit Chianti Classico Wine Region and stop at boutique Chianti winery for typical wine tasting (Vernaccia, Chianti Classico, Chianti Riserva, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vinsanto). Wine tour inside the underground cellars.12.00 am Departure from Chianti Classico and drive to the second Boutique Winery where we stop for an authentic Tuscany Lunch includedsecond wine and olive oil tasting.02.30 pm Through the beautiful Tuscan countryside approaching San Gimignano. (the unique medieval city of towers - a UNESCO World Heritage Site) Visit the famous medieval watch towers (we recommend you to climb the Great Tower). Gelato time4.00 pm We go back to Florence where the tour would be end by 5:00 pm but only after making a stop at Piazzale Michelangelo for a panoramic appreciate the exceptional view of Florence
Know More about this tourSiena (in the morning)
Sienas origins are surrounded by myth: the story goes that the city was founded by Senius, the son of Romulus. Historical statements attribute the first human settlement in this area to the Etruscans, who gave the name Sena to the settlement. After it was conquered by the Roman Empire, the place took on the name of Saena Julia. In the Middle Ages, Siena became an extremely important town, due to its intense demographic growth and the urban expansion of the town. Economic development brought wealth and bitter conflicts. The worst was the one between the Papal supporters (Guelphs) and the Empire supporters (the Ghibellines) After facing a series of internal struggles, Siena which sided with the Ghibellines fought against nearby Florence, which declared itself a supporter of the Guelphs. The tension grew worse and in 1260 a true war began that culminated in the Battle of Montaperti. The Siena Ghibellines were then defeated in the famous Battle of Colle Val dElsa and were sent away from the city, which fell to Guelph rule. The Guelphs ruled the city for a long time. Siena enjoyed its period of maximum splendor starting from 1200, largely due to the Good Government of Nine: this was the form of government that lasted longest in Siena and which allowed the city to flourish both economically and artistically. In 1348 the city was hit by the plague and suffered greatly, also economically and politically: there was a series of governments one after the other, which created instability and which forced Siena to join the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, thereby losing its independence.
1656 was the year when the traditional Palio Race was started. From that moment it has been organized every year in the city, attracting tourists from all over the world.
Between the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th century, Siena fell under the rule of Napoleon, just like other cities in this region. Napoleon proclaimed Florence as the capital of the new Kingdom of Etruria. The Austrians arrived after Napoleon, who ruled until 1859. They were then defeated by the Franco-Piedmont army. In 1860, the temporary government of the newly liberated Florence joined forces with the Kingdom of Sardinia and then, the year after, with the Kingdom of Italy.
San Gimignano (afternoon)
Next is the town of San Gimignano, also known for its beautifully preserved medieval towers . 14 left out of 72 initially built in the 13th century.We will walk you to the square of the well, the center of the town for you to enjoy All the fine shops which also sell the local smooth, dry white wine called Vernaccia, and most of all the best ice cream in the world.
Inclusions for Wonderful Tuscany Wine Tour In Chianti Wine Region Siena And San Gimignano
- Tour includes:, Roundtrip transportation with english Driver Guide, Comfortable air conditioning car or minivan (Mercedes/W/Audi/GM Opel), English speaking informative Under The Tuscan Sun Tour Driver Guide, Visit Siena (time to visit the Duomo, climb the Duomo and explore the famous main square), Visit to vineyards and olive groves (stop and walk through the vineyards), Guided Chianti winery tour, Wine, Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar tasting, Authentic tuscan wine pairing lunch, Visit to the medieval town of San Gimignano (time to climb the Great Tower and taste famous Art World Champion Gelato!), Visit to Michelangelo square in Florence.
Exclusions for Wonderful Tuscany Wine Tour In Chianti Wine Region Siena And San Gimignano
- Tickets entrance to the Museums
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Fully Licensed Tour Operator Incoming Italy since 1980
Professional Local Drivers
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- Private tour - Palatina Gallery and Raphael Masterpieces
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch