World Famous Ancientness Elephanta Caves Tour With Toy Train Ride - Mumbai
OverviewAn hour-long ferry ride from Mumbai reaches you to the Elephanta Island, a representative of the past eras. This island houses the ancient Elephanta Caves and you can explore the uniqueness of the bygone eras concealed in the nooks and corners of these caves. Carved out of a solid rock and motivated by Shiaivism, the Elephanta Caves are bound to arouse in you a calm and reverential sense. As you walk past the skillfully carved sculptures, the pleasant rhythms of chisel and hammer strike the chords of your heart and bring about a stirring experience. Perfectly chiseled rock surfaces, skilfully done, near perfect carved sculptures, intensely cut chambers, intricate art exhibited in stonework, fine and mellow columns & seek for undeviating, dedicated attention from its visitors. These deeply and perfectly sculpted pieces of art, found at this manifestation of relic India, allow you to perceive divination in the true sense of the term.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour of Mumbai
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourAfter you are done with your breakfast, our chauffeur, will pick you up at 8:30am from your hotel to kick start your trip to the Gateway of India followed by the grand Elephanta Caves.
The famous monument, the main tourist attraction in Mumbai, the Gateway of India is decked with four turrets and its yellow basalt stone structure has delicate latticework carved in it. The structure exhibits the amalgamation of Hindu and Muslim architectures. To the opposite of this grand monument, stands the rich and famous Royal TajMahal Hotel. This hotel is a witness of priceless memories of this glorious city. The Taj Towers located near the hotel is another appealing building for its wonderful architecture.
From the Gateway of India, you will be taken by a ferry boat to the Elephanta Island. The ferry boat is a type of luxury boat which ferries you around the harbor and reaches you to the lovely Elephanta Islands after a journey spanning nearly one hour fifteen minutes.
Now that you have reached the Elephanta Islands, let us throw light upon the whereabouts of what you can expect to find here.
After you reach the island, you have the option of walking on foot or taking a toy train to the main attractions of the place. Elephanta Island is a serene and spellbinding land blanketed in calmness and peace. The island is covered with lush green trees and monkeys dotting the place. It is advised that you do not carry food while strolling around to prevent troubles caused by the monkeys.
You will have to walk approximately 120 steep steps to get to the entrance of the temple, after you get down from the toy train. You might take the pony services offered, if you do not want to toil climbing up to the temple.
Spread over an area of nearly 60,000 square feet, the magnificent Elephanta cave complex comprises of massive rock carved temples, dating back to the ancient 5th century. These temples are sworn in the name of Lord Shiva, in particular. You will notice skilfully chiseled corridors and chambers as you walk through the temples. Treading past each bend, you will also find intensely sculpted art forms. Various images are depicted in the engraved rock surfaces, fluted pillars, dedicated, skillful stone work and structures chiseled out of the huge rocks. Catch a glimpse of the magnanimous Shivalingam, situated at the western end of the temple.
After you have completed touring the outstanding and exemplary Elephanta Island, you will be ferried back to the Gateway of India at 13:30 hrs. From the harbor, our appointed chauffeur will drop you back to your hotel, marking the end of the memorable tour.
Note - The afternoon boat leaves at 2:30pm (last boat at 3pm) and will return back to the Gateway of India by 6pm.
Inclusions for World Famous Ancientness Elephanta Caves Tour With Toy Train Ride
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for World Famous Ancientness Elephanta Caves Tour With Toy Train Ride
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Port pickup and drop-off ($30 surcharge)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Tour will not operate during high tide,and Navvy day (from 1 Dec -5 Dec)
Pick up time will between 8:30 - 09:00 AM
If the Elephanta Caves tour gets cancelled due to a high tide, then the Kanheri Caves tour will be arranged.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Half-Day Elephanta Caves Excursion from Mumbai
- Good Morning Mumbai : The Spiritual & colorful Morning tour
- Mumbai Half Day City Tour
- Mumbai Morning Bicycle Tour
- Highlights of Mumbai: Sightseeing Tour of Mumbai
- Half-Day Private Trip to Sanjay Gandhi National Park from Mumbai Including the Kanheri Caves