World Legends Of Aviation In Kiev
OverviewExplore this tour for the meeting with the Legends of The World Aviation whom lived in Kiev and left the memory in history Pyotr Nesterov and Igor Sikorsky.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourPyotr Nesterov was a Russian Empirepilot, an aircraft designer and anaerobaticspioneer. Nesterov believed an aircraft could fly aloop, a feat not previously performed. Despite the doubts of his peers, Nesterov proved his theory on 9 September 1913 (27 August by the calendar then used in Russia) and became the first pilot to fly a loop. This was done in aNieuport IVmonoplane over Syretzk Aerodrome nearKiev. Igor Ivanovich Sikorskywas aRussian-born American aviation pioneerin bothhelicoptersandfixed-wing aircraft. After immigrating to the United States in 1919, Sikorsky founded theSikorsky Aircraft Corporation inRoosevelt, New York. In 1939 Sikorsky designed and flew theVought-Sikorsky VS-300, the first viable American helicopter, which pioneered the rotor configuration used by most helicopters today.Sikorsky modified the design into theSikorsky R-4, which became the world's first mass-produced helicopter in 1942. The SIKORSKY Lockheed Martin Company is a leader in Helicopter technologies and offers Military Aircrafts: BLACK HAWK Helicopter, SEAHAWK Helicopter, H-3 Helicopters, and Commercial Aircraft: S-76 Helicopter, S-92 Helicopter and etc...During this tour you can expect: Monument to Military Pilots, Moskovskaya str. 5 house were Pyotr Nesterov lived in Kiev, Monument to Pyotr Nesterov near the ANTONOV Production Aircraft Plant (An-124"Ruslan", An-225"Mriya"), Grave of Pyotr Nesterov on Lykianivske Cemetery, The Sikorskys family house in Kievs historical center on Yaroslaviv Val street 15B, Monument to Igor Sikorsky what was opened by Rudolph William Giuliani the former major of New-York, National Technical University of Ukraine were the museum of Aviation and Space, National Aviation University (Tupolev R-6 in original), Sikorsky street were the US Embassy in Kiev located and more.
Inclusions for World Legends Of Aviation In Kiev
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle or by minivan or by minibus
- Explore the history of the World Aviation in Kiev
- Visiting the museum of Aviation and Space is free of charge. Museum operate Monday -Friday from 10am till 5pm.
Exclusions for World Legends Of Aviation In Kiev
- Entrance fees to Museums (about 2 US$ per person)
- Please know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Another language speaking guide is on request.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.