This two-hour tour details the heroism of New York City's firefighters and the survivors of stairwell "B." Walk in their path and learn how 16 people withstood the collapse of the north tower. Discover the miracle of the 911 surfer, who rode down with 88 stories of falling debris. In addition, grasp how the new World Trade Center was designed and constructed. This is the definitive walking tour of Ground Zero and the 911 Memorial Plaza. A portion of the proceeds from this tour will be donated to the Non-Profit FDNY Foundation.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Family friendly
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tour
Starting at the historical St. Paul's Chapel, the little chapel that withstood the destruction of the events of 911, you'll learn its ties to the birth of our nation. The tour also introduces FDNY Captain John Jonas and his team "the Dragon Fighters." There we'll continued to an overlook of the World Trade Center Memorial Plaza. From this vantage, one could see the entire complex which includes One World Trade Center, the Reflecting Pools, and the 911 Museum.
The tour proceeds to the World Financial Center. Here you learn about the little known Operation Aegis. The largest rescue by sea in history. Where over 500,000 civilians were evacuated by watercrafts of all sizes. Next we'll visit the reconstructed Winter Gardens, the $60 million 10 story glass pavilion that was devastated during the attacks of September 11th. Next we'll visit the Eleven Tears Memorial, dedicated to the eleven American Express employees lost on that day.
Concluding at the new World Trade Center complex, your guide will detail its design and construction. The guide will also cover the mystery of the lost gold and silver reserves of Building Four. In addition, you'll learn about the Survivor Tree, its resilience, survival and rebirth.
Inclusions for World Trade Center 911 And Ground Zero Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Professional, local guide
Exclusions for World Trade Center 911 And Ground Zero Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.