World Trade Center And Historic New York Walking Tour - New York City
OverviewNew York City was the United States' first capitol and is rich with history from the Dutch days to the Revolution to the Civil War and the present. We will wander through the modern-day Financial District, exploring the history of the area and how the city has grown and evolved, while maintaining its historic landmarks. The tour will also explore how planners expanded the island, creating the World Trade Center area and beginning the birth of a new downtown.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
This tour will start at NYC's oldest continuously operating church, which survived not only the great fire of 1776, but the collapse of the original Trade Center on 9/11. It was also the site of George Washington's post-inauguration mass. Every street in this area is filled with tons of history, and I will make sure you see all the key sights for a great value!
From there, we will wander the Financial District and learn of the numerous key moments of America's birth happened here. Some sights we will pass on this tour will include Federal Hall, Trinity Church, the NY Stock Exchange, the famous Charging Bull sculpture, Zuccotti Park, Fraunces Tavern, old wells, and the former Alexander Hamilton US Custom House.
Lots of historical stories and opportunities for photos!
This tour will end with a detailed visit to the World Trade Center site. See: the 9/11 memorial, the new underground Oculus transportation hub & shopping center, & the new Liberty Park! Learn the history of the Trade Center, see its rebirth, and learn of future plans as well.
A great tour for those wanting to get the most out of their time downtown.
Inclusions for World Trade Center And Historic New York Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for World Trade Center And Historic New York Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This walking tour runs approximately 2 hours and is mostly outdoors. There will be an indoor portion toward the end.
There is a maximum of ten 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.