World Trade Center Ground Zero Memorial Walking Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
A 2-hour walking tour that was designed by a NYPD Detective and first responder of 9/11. They will share their first hand experiences with you, making your visit more personal and memorable than an independent walk. The tour will cover key sites of the 9/11 memorial including the reflecting pools, FiremenâÂÂs Memorial, St. PaulâÂÂs chapel and the Survivor Tree.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourThis 2-hour walking tour will be lead by a retired NYPD Detective and professional guide who will share their first hand experience.
The Ground Zero walking tour begins at St Paul’s Chapel ("The Little Chapel that Stood"), a historic chapel 100 yards from the destroyed twin towers. The chapel survived fully intact and became a safe place for rescue workers days after the attacks.
Some of the sites you will see include St. Peter's Catholic Church, the 9/11 Cross, and the twin reflecting pools inscribed with the names of the nearly 3,000 people who died on September 11, 2001, and in its precursor attack on February 26, 1993. The pools mark the spots where the twin towers once stood.
Additionally, you will see Firefighter’s 9/11 Memorial, the Bronze FDNY 9/11 Memorial Wall - a 56-foot long bronze sculpture that shows firefighters battling the smoldering towers, located on the side of New York City’s famed “10 House” fire station. Continue on to see the Winter Garden and the Survivor Tree, a Callery pear tree that got its name after enduring the September 11, 2001 terror attacks at the World Trade Center. Lastly, you will see Battery Park City where the John J. Harvey Fireboat arrived to help pump water for over 80 hours till the water supply was restored.
When the tour is complete you will walk back to St. Paul's Chapel.
Inclusions for World Trade Center Ground Zero Memorial Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Local professional guide with first-hand connection to 9/11
Exclusions for World Trade Center Ground Zero Memorial Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum 2 people per booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please arrive 15 minutes before departure
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.