OverviewThe World Trade Center once stood tall and prominent, one of the world’s largest financial complexes and a symbol of New York City. This New York City walking tour takes you around Ground Zero to explore both the past and future of the World Trade Center. Visit the Ground Zero site and Financial district including the New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street and the Federal Reserve Bank. For a comprehensive look into the events of September 11, add admission to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Whichever option you choose, this tour offers an unforgettable experience as you hear stories of the heroes of 9/11 and how New York City rose from the ashes of tragedy to flourish once more.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour2.5-hour World Trade Center and Financial District Walking Tour
Meet your guide within walking distance of the Ground Zero site, where you'll embark on a 2.5-hour journey into the bravery, passion, and tragedy of 9/11. Your guide will share key facts, illuminating events and heartbreaking stories of the tragic day while weaving through the various attractions within the World Trade Center area.
As you begin your tour at St Paul’s Chapel, you'll explore surrounding New York sites such as the grave of Alexander Hamilton, the first US Treasury Secretary; the soaring towers of Wall Street and the Canyon of Heroes; The New York Stock Exchange and Federal Reserve Bank; Federal Hall, where George Washington was sworn in as president; and the renowned Trinity Church and its storied past. See the American Express Eleven Tears Memorial, Winter Garden and, of course, the Ground Zero site. Your guide will take you to the 9/11 Memorial site, built on the exact site where the twin towers once stood. Visit the twin reflecting pools on which the names of the nearly 3,000 victims of the September 11, 2001, and February 26, 1993, atrocities are inscribed. You will have ample opportunity for reflection and contemplation and are welcome to bring flowers or tributes to place by the 9/11 Memorial site.
3-hour World Trade Center Walking Tour including 9/11 Museum Tickets (limited availability)
On the enhanced 3-hour tour, you will see all the sights of the 2.5-hour tour plus a preview of the 9/11 Memorial museum with timed tickets to the museum. The Museum is an underground museum which has various artifacts of September 11, 2001, and pieces of steel from the Twin Towers, such as the final steel, which was the last piece of steel to leave Ground Zero in May 2002. Exhibits in the museum include 23,000 images, 10,300 artifacts, and nearly 2,000 oral histories of the dead provided by friends and loved ones, in addition to over 500 hours of video.
Come and witness the site of a world-changing event and feel the presence of bravery and tragedy all at once. The World Trade Center Walking Tour offers New York visitors an up-close-and-personal tour of the World Trade Center site and a look at how it has risen from the tragedy of 9/11.
Inclusions for World Trade Center Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Ticket
- Professional guide
- 2.5 or 3-hour walking tour
- Entrance to 9/11 Memorial
- Timed entrance ticket to 9/11 Memorial Museum, if option selected at time of booking
Exclusions for World Trade Center Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Inaccessible by wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to start time to meet the group
9/11 Memorial Museum admission is not included unless option is selected at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.