OverviewEscape the busy Hangzhou crowds and discover Wuzhen’s rich cultural background on this full-day coach tour. Explore the picturesque water town with its stone pavements winding between antique buildings and ancient stone bridges crossing scenic water pathways. Visit several attractions with your guide, including the Hundred-Bed Museum and a blue-print fabric workshop to see popular antiques. Enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch, witness the town’s dynamic culture at the Sanbai Wine Workshop and enjoy a performance of shadow puppetry. Relax and enjoy a boat ride on the river.
Know More about this tourYour Wuzhen water town tour begins with coach pickup from your Hangzhou hotel. Stop at the Hundred-Bed Museum (Zhao Hall), the first museum in China to collect and exhibit ancient beds of the Jiangnan area. See the luxurious carvings and elaborate designs on these antique beds and listen as your expert guide shares stories reflecting this unique cultural account of ancient Chinese civilization.
Later on visit the Sanbai Wine Workshop, the only remaining winery in Wuzhen, built during the Song Dynasty. Brewing liquor was a huge industry in Wuzhen during the Ming Dynasty. There were over 20 distilleries in operation at the time. Witness how wine is made using traditional techniques.
Afterwards visit the Hongyuan Thai dye house to see the time-honored art of making indigo-dyed printed calico. Wuzhen is one of the principal sources of this flower-printed blue cloth. Elderly women still carry on the folk tradition of carefully weaving this textile. Watch the painstaking method of creating it and marvel at the final product of striking embossed blue cloth.
After a local Chinese style lunch, engage yourself in a unique display of Chinese performing arts - the shadow play show. This is an exceptional storytelling experience as the characters are handmade leather puppets behind a screen with a cast light upon them forming silhouettes. Accompanied by Chinese traditional instruments, such as the erhu and the flute, shadow play is a universally renowned Chinese cultural spectacle.
Finally no visit to a water town will be complete without taking a boat ride (optional) down the river. Board a rowboat and relax as you enjoy the sights of the old town and see people going about their daily lives. Float over the calm water and pass under picturesque stone bridges. After your boat ride take a walk around the town and then we will drive you back to your hotel in Hangzhou.
Inclusions for Wuzhen Water Town Day Tour From Hangzhou
- Admission to all attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (downtown Hangzhou hotels only)
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Wuzhen Water Town Day Tour From Hangzhou
- Gratuities (optional)
- River cruise
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 5 people to run the group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 10 people per booking.
Hotel information detail should be provided 24-hours before departure.
Local guide will contact to confirm the departure in the evening before departure day.
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Wuzhen Water Village Day Tour - ChinaTravelDepot
Please notice the size of this group tour should be at least 5 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Hangzhou Your Way: Private Half-Day Hangzhou City Transport With Guide
- Day Tour Of Picturesque Hangzhou
- Private Hangzhou Day Tour With West Lake And Lingyin Temple
- Private Wuzhen Water Town And West Lake Day Tour From Hangzhou
- Private Tour: Classic Hangzhou And Tea Culture Day Trip
- Hangzhou Tea Culture Day Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Hangzhou International Airport To Hotel
- Private Tour: West Lake, Linyin Temple And Dragon Well Tea Terrace
- Private Tour: Ultimate Hangzhou Sightseeing Tour