WWII And Corregidor Island: Historical Sightseeing Tour From Manila
OverviewGain an in-depth insight into World War II on this sightseeing tour of Corregidor Island, where two battles between the Japanese and US took place. Learn about the role the Philippines played during the war from your expert local guide, who’ll take you through barrack ruins and secret passageways. Enjoy a light and sound show at the fascinating Malinta Tunnel and then soak in amazing views of the islands of Manila Bay atop the Spanish Lighthouse.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourDeparting from your Manila hotel in the morning, your guide will take you by air-conditioned coach to the ferry dock, where you’ll board the 1-hour ferry to Corregidor Island, which guards the entrance to Manila Bay.
Upon arrival, board a sightseeing coach for a tour of the island. Nicknamed ‘the Rock,’ this island provided the first line of defense for Filipino and American soldiers from the invading Japanese forces during WWII.
You’ll first visit the Malinta Tunnel, which was built by US engineers as a bomb-proof storage and hideout bunker and was later converted to a hospital. Explore the tunnel ruins and relive history during the Malinta Tunnel light and sound show, locally known as the Malinta Experience, which chronicles the events that shaped American operations during the war.
Life-sized dioramas, complete with voice overs, lights and sound effects, will show you what life was like in the tunnel during the war. You’ll also see some footage of important events that led to two epic battles involving the invasion and later retaking of Corregidor by Filipino and American forces from the Japanese.
Next, visit the Mile-Long Barracks, a now roofless, skeletal three-story concrete building that served as the quarters of around 2,000 US officials including General Douglas MacArthur.
Take a quick detour to the Spanish Lighthouse, located at the highest point of the island. Walk up the steps and enjoy a spectacular view of Corregidor, Manila Bay, the South China Sea and the neighboring provinces of Bataan and Cavite.
You’ll also visit Battery Way and Battery Hearn, where you’ll see batteries displaying the various guns from the time, and the Pacific War Memorial, one of only two memorials built by the US government to mark the war.
At midday, your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you can enjoy some delicious Filipino cuisine. After your tour, take the ferry back to Manila and end with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for WWII And Corregidor Island: Historical Sightseeing Tour From Manila
- Round-trip ferry ride
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for WWII And Corregidor Island: Historical Sightseeing Tour From Manila
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If your hotel is outside the Manila City or Makati City limits, please make your own way to the New World Renaissance Hotel in Makati at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure
Comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen are recommended
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Airport Transfer in Manila Bay and Makati Area
- Private Arrival Airport Transfer: All Hotels in Ortigas
- Private Departure Transfer: Manila City Area to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Private Departure Transfer: Manila Hotel to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Full-Day Cintai Coritos Garden Tour from Manila
- Small-Group Weekend Hiking Tour to Banaue-Ifugao from Manila