Xi’an Terra Cotta Warriors And VIP Access To Tang Dynasty Murals Private Tour - XianWrite a Review
In this historical tour, visit XiâÂÂanâÂÂs biggest attraction, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, and then enjoy VIP access to Tang Dynasty Murals at Shaanxi Provincial Museum.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
At 8:30am, your guide will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel, and then take you to visit Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. One of the world’s greatest archaeological finds, the Terracotta Warriors were discovered accidentally in 1974 by a group of peasants who were digging a well on the outskirts of Xi’an. These sculptures of soldiers, chariots and horses were funerary statues made to accompany China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, to his afterlife. The soldiers are all varied in ranks, postures, heights, uniforms and facial features, and it is also believed that there are still thousands of warriors as well as hundreds of horses and chariots still buried in the three pits discovered so far.
Further excavations are currently halted as researchers trying to find a way to preserve the colorful pigments covering the statues from disintegrating after they are exposed to air. Nonetheless, the Terracotta Army currently on display is an impressive sight and ranks along the Great Wall and Forbidden City as one of the must-see attractions of China.
After your visit to the terracotta warriors, you will be served with lunch at a nearby local restaurant. This is your chance to enjoy Xi’an cuisine, and your tour guide will be able to answer any questions you might have about Chinese food.
After lunch, you will be transferred to visit Tang Dynasty Murals at Shaanxi Provincial Museum (closed on Monday). The hall, also known as the Uffizi Gallery of China, is the first exhibition hall in the Shaanxi History Museum dedicated to showing murals of the Tang Dynasty. The museum houses almost 600 murals from 20 tombs such as the tombs of Lishou and Princess Yongtai. It has 97 pieces on exhibits to the public and the contents cover various aspects of daily lives of royal families, illustrating their love for life and nature as well as the humanity of Tang Dynasty. In the museum, a video named “Memory of Tang Dynasty” is screened to guide the audience and help them understand the frescoes. Among these masterpieces are the famous Mural of Polo Playing, Mural of Hunting, and the Maid Painting. At the end, you will be transferred back to your hotel with the rest of the day on your own arrangement.
Inclusions for Xi’an Terra Cotta Warriors And VIP Access To Tang Dynasty Murals Private Tour
- English-speaking guide
- Main entrance ticket to attractions listed
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Xi’an Terra Cotta Warriors And VIP Access To Tang Dynasty Murals Private Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.