Xi'an West Route Private Tour: Famen Temple And Qianling Mausoleum - Xian
OverviewLed by a professional local tour guide, enjoy your private transfer to visit the highlights of northwest Xi'an. On this private day tour, you will visit Famen Temple, a notable Buddhist shrine for its collection of Sakyamuni relics, and Qianling Mausoleum, the joint tomb of Emperor Gaozong and his empress Wu Zetian of Tang Dynasty.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourWith pick up from your downtown Xi'an hotel lobby at 8:30am, your local friendly tour guide will escort you to start the day. Enjoy private transfer in air-conditioned vehicle and learn the profound history and culture of Xian from your guide along the way. Your first stop will be Famen Temple with a history of 1,700 years built during Eastern Han Dynasty. The temple is renowned for housing the veritable finger bone of Sakyamuni Buddha and being a cultural scenic area of time-honored Buddhist holy land. You will wander around the temple to explore the history and culture of Buddhism.
After lunch at a well selected local restaurant, continue to visit Qianling Mausoleum of Tang Dynasty. This is the joint tomb of Emperor Gaozong and his empress Wu Zetian who is also the only female ruler in Chinese history that took the reign after Gaozong. The tomb is of a very sound and secure construction and is notable as the only mausoleum to escape the unwelcome attention of tomb raiders. The design of Qianling replicates the city of Chang'an (ancient name of Xi'an) and in accordance with tradition of a north-south axis. Stroll around the mausoleum to discover the fascinating history and culture of Tang Dynasty (618-907). Afterwards, you will be driven back to downtown and return to your hotel to conclude your day trip.
Inclusions for Xi'an West Route Private Tour: Famen Temple And Qianling Mausoleum
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed professional driver
- Informative local English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Chinese Lunch
- Fuel surcharge and tax
Exclusions for Xi'an West Route Private Tour: Famen Temple And Qianling Mausoleum
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Xi'an Shuttle Transfer: Airport to Hotel Roundtrip
- Small Group One Day Downtown Xi'an Tour Including Lunch
- Evening Tour: Xi'an Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show and Dumpling Banquet
- One Day Xi'an Highlight Private Tour
- Private Day Tour of Tang Bo Art Museum and Xi'an City Wall and Muslim Quarter
- Small Group Day Tour of Xi'an City Highlights