Xunantunich Mayan Ruin From Belize City
OverviewThe ancient Mayan center of Xunantunich sits on an impressive hilltop just near border of Belize and Guatemala. Xunantunich was a major ceremonial center during the Classic Period.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free drinks included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourLocated in the extreme western part of the Cayo District and overlooking the Mopan River, the ancient Mayan center of Xunantunich sits on an impressive hilltop.
Xunantunich was a major ceremonial center during the Classic Period and is composed of 6 major plazas, a ball court, and 3 carved stelae. The most prominent structure is the pyramid El Castillo (the castle), which rises 130 feet above the plaza.
From the top of this impressive structure, visitors get a sweeping view of Cayo on the east and Guatemala on the west.
The most notable feature of El Castillo is the reconstructed frieze on the east side of the lower temple.
Getting to Xunantunich includes riding a hand-cranked ferry to cross the majestic Mopan River.
Inclusions for Xunantunich Mayan Ruin From Belize City
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Xunantunich Mayan Ruin From Belize City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.