Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour - Lhasa
OverviewWe will leave at the Tibet Ganggyan Lhasa hotel parking place at 8:30 am (east Beijing Road, location is close to House of Shambhala hotel). Please take your passports and permits and be ready for the tour.Yamdrok lake is one of the highlight natural landscape attraction and it is the closest top attraction near Lhasa. This group day trip excursion is fantastic option for travelers who just have a short time of Tibet (e.g: 3-6 days time). The more people to sign it up, the cheaper price you will get. You can sign up with any travelers you know from your hotel in Lhasa and you can book this highlight day trip upon arrival. The more people to book, the cheaper it is. Foreign travelers need to have permits secured 15-20 days prior to Lhasa arrival date. Please contact supplier www.TibetCtrip.com for additional reliable support!
Know More about this tour
This day trip takes about 8-10 hours. It depends on the local traffic situation and travelers leisure time beside the lake bank. Lunch is available in local restaurants for you to buy in Qushui County or beside the lake. We will get back to Lhasa around 5 pm.
Yamdrok Lake, also called Yamdrok Yumtso, is a lake with two long arms of water, making it look like a scorpion from the sky. This shape means you can never see its shape from around it. From Gyantse, you can see one arm, and follow it until it disappears around a bend in the shore which makes it difficult to estimate the size of the lake.
Yamdrok Lake is one of Tibet's three sacred lakes and the largest lake in southern Tibet. The other two famous and holy lakes are Namtso Lake and Lake Manasarovar. The lake is fan shaped and features numerous bays and inlets and nine islands. The lake has a number of different names. It is called Coral Lake, or Green Jade Lake. The lake received the name Coral Lake, because it is shaped like a piece of coral, and the name Green Jade lake comes from it calm surface and beautiful green color.
Your Tibetan tour guide can take you to the lake side and enjoy your peaceful and quiet time beside the lake. You may walk half to 2 hours beside the lake if group tour time permitting. There could be restaurant service beside the lake (but it depends on season), cheap Tibetan noodle ranges from 1 USD to 2 USD per bowel, however expensive food in restaurant could be US$15-20 per person. Travelers can prepare some lunch pack or snack 1 day before joining the tour.
Inclusions for Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- One licensed tour vehicle (according to final group size)
- Licensed tourism driver
- Local Tibetan English speaking tour guide (if there is only 1-4 pax, the driver would be the guide)
- Bottled mineral water (500 ml) 1 bottle per person
- Entrance ticket
Exclusions for Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- Tibet travel permits-50 USD per person (please book your permits at least 15 working days in advance)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If there is only 1-4 pax finally for the group tour, the driver could be the guide for the landscape trip.
Please provide your exact information of your hotel name, address, telephone number, name under which you book the hotel.
Please contact local supplier www.TibetCtrip.com by email if you have any questions.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Drepung & Sera Monastery on Budget-Lhasa Day Tour
- 16 Days Kailash Everest Group Tour by Tibet Local Operator
- 8-Day Best Everest Group Tour with Flexible Lhasa Tour Booking after Arrival
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 3-Night Lhasa Sightseeing Group Tour Including Welcome Meal
- Private Tibet Tour Car Rental
- 10-12 Days Tibet Travel Permits Pass for Flexible Tours