OverviewYarra Valley, best known for its wine, is creating a different kind of buzz these days: high-quality beers and ciders made by a handful of local producers. Experience the best of the Yarra Valley Cider and Ale Trail during visits to five small producers in this fertile valley. Enjoy generous tastings, a gourmet lunch and a number of complimentary drinks as you make your way through the valley's growing craft beer and cider scene with an expert guide.
Know More about this tourThroughout your day you will visit five venues including brew pubs, tasting rooms and beer gardens who will serve up a range of gin, fruit wines, beer, cifers and kombuchas. The itinerary for each tour is chosen to minimize travel time and maximize customer enjoyment and is unique for each tour. This style of flexible, relaxed touring ensures you are not bound by strict time limitations at each venue and can enjoy an ad-hoc tasting of beers out of the bright tanks; join a cider maker for a taste of their new secret creation or get involved in a gin tasting on the distillery tour with a special guest distiller.
Stops may include:
Napoleone Brewery and Ciderhouse: part of Punt Road Wines. Drawing on their winemaking background, these beer and cider-makers produce high-quality ciders using fruit grown on their estate and craft small-batch beers.
St Ronan’s Cider: where you sample a variety of ciders made from apples and pears, as well as berry wines, sparkling wines and ports. Their ciders come in regular draft-style as well as methode traditionelle (a French method for making Champagne).
Buckley's Beer: The oldest brewery in the Yarra Valley: Hear about the craftsmanship, top-notch ingredients and solar energy that goes into creating Buckley’s great beers before enjoying a tasting.
Hargreaves Hill: for a tasting paddle and lunch. After sampling several options, pick the beer that you like best, then enjoy a complimentary glass of their beer or cider to go with your meal.
Coldstream Brewery: for a tasting paddle and snack. A brewpub that supplements its roster of beers with seasonal specialties and locally produced ciders.
Riders Beer Co: a family owned and run winery from the Kelly Brothers of Kellybrook winery and Kellybrothers cider fame.
The Public Brewery: combining their own brews and great food, you can enjoy some of the worlds best beers.
Four Pillars Gin Distillery: for a gin tasting at this award winning state of the art distillery.
Throughout the day, your expert guide shares informative and entertaining commentary. After a fun-filled day of food and drink, you are returned to your starting point in the late afternoon to end your tour.
Inclusions for Yarra Valley Cider And Beer Tour From Melbourne
- Very generous beer and cider tasting sessions
- Quality lunch with complimentary drink
- Drinks included (glug glug glug)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup available
- Bottled water.
Exclusions for Yarra Valley Cider And Beer Tour From Melbourne
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We recommend closed-toe shoes
Minimum age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available - other dietary requirements please ask.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.