Yerba Loca Sanctuary Hiking Tour From SantiagoWrite a Review
OverviewFind refuge and beauty inside Yerba Loca Sanctuary on this day trip from Santiago. During an easy 4-mile (6-km) hike, admire the towering Central Andes mountains and La Paloma Glacier, stroll through pine forests, and pass streams rushing with blue glacier water. Learn about the park’s abundant plant and wildlife from an expert guide. You might even catch glimpses of foxes, eagles, or even a Chilean condor. After the hike, tuck into a delicious lunch at a spot offering breathtaking views. Bonus: Hotel transport is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourTrade hectic city life for tranquil beauty just an hour northeast of Santiago. After morning hotel pickup, arrive at Yerba Loca Sanctuary, a protected reserve in the Central Andes that is home to some of Chile's most gorgeous natural landmarks and wildlife. Surrounded by two mountain chains, the tallest peaks being Los Piches and El Altar, the sanctuary offers a diverse range of landscapes.
Inside the park, follow your expert guide on a relaxing 4-mile (6-km) hike that lasts up to three hours. Wander into meadows strewn with wild herbs, and inhale the fresh, calming scents of pine, eucalyptus and cypress trees dotting Villa Paulina valley. Admire the views that your guide points out such as the La Paloma Glacier, one of the largest ice formations in central Chile.
Yerba Loca is home to more than 500 species of plant and animal life, some of which you might get to see. Look around for the grey fox or Darwins leaf-eared mouse dashing through small forests of poplar, elm and ash trees. Overhead, you might find eagles soaring between treetops, or the mighty Chilean condor gliding effortlessly thanks to a 10-foot (3-m) wingspan.
After the hike, your guide takes you to a scenic location for a delightful picnic lunch, which typically includes freshly made local bread, seasonal fruit, cheeses, cookies and more.
Refreshed, follow your guide out of the reserve and climb aboard your vehicle for transport back to your hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Yerba Loca Sanctuary Hiking Tour From Santiago
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Picnic lunch
- National park entrance fee
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Yerba Loca Sanctuary Hiking Tour From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 15 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please note: snow is only present in the mountains from May-September
Although water is provided, it is recommended you bring your own in addition to the water provided
It is recommended that you dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.