York Ghost Tour By Vintage Bus
OverviewDiscover York’s sinister side on this 1-hour ghost bus tour, led by a hellishly hilarious guide. Visit some of city’s spookiest sights and learn about the restless spirits whose sightings have earned York the accolade of the most haunted city in the world. From your blood red seat aboard a Routemaster — a classic double-decker bus — pass by top historical attractions such as York Minster, Clifford’s Tower and the grave of the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin, hopping off occasionally to get acquainted with the sites of ghostly apparitions.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourChoose the evening or afternoon departure time that most suits your schedule, then make your own way to the prearranged meeting point in central York. Be greeted by a ghoulish bus conductor, then hop aboard the ghost bus a black Routemaster with a rather dark backstory and prepare yourself for a terrifying tour of Yorks spookiest sights.
Settle into a seat on the dimly lit lower deck, or find a spot on the equally eerie top deck. Then, draw back the plush, velvet curtain and gaze out of the window as the bus sets off through the narrow, cobblestone streets.
Feel a chill run down your spine as the conductor recounts hair-raising tales of the citys most prolific ghosts. With hundreds of recorded hauntings and the accolade of the supposed most haunted city in the world, the stories come thick and fast.
Hop on and off the bus at some of the most haunted buildings to learn more about the restless spirits that are said to still roam the halls. Be sure to keep your wits about you you never know what you might see.
Hear gruesome tales from the capitals dark history as you pass by some of the citys most famous historical landmarks including Cliffords Tower and York Minster. Youll also see the grave of Dick Turpin, the notorious highwayman who, in the late 18th century, fled to Yorkshire to escape the law, only to find himself captured and then hanged in York.
After just over an hour, your tour concludes back at the original start point.
Inclusions for York Ghost Tour By Vintage Bus
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Routemaster vintage bus
Exclusions for York Ghost Tour By Vintage Bus
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.