Yosemite And Tahoe Sierras Tour From San Francisco
OverviewTrade the San Francisco fog for the grandeur of Yosemite National Park and the best of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. In four days, you'll explore the majesty of Yosemite National Park's Giant Sequoias and High Country, Mammoth Lakes and rugged Ansel Adams Wilderness, and beautiful Lake Tahoe. Discover a modern day outdoor playground filled with mountain lakes, sweeping vistas and breathtaking natural landmarks, with options for guided and solo hiking, stand-up paddleboarding, biking, and more! Accommodations included.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Multi-Day Trip
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourAnyone short on time will pack in plenty of natural splendor with this 4-day tour of Yosemite, Tahoe, and the eastern Sierra. Travel round-trip from San Francisco and stay overnight at mountain resorts and hotels in each destination.
Inclusions for Yosemite And Tahoe Sierras Tour From San Francisco
- Central San Francisco Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Narrated guided tour
- Park entrance fees
- Hotel or campsite accommodations (double occupancy, single occupancy supplement applies for single bookings.
- Camping gear provided; sleeping bags available for $20 rental fee. )
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Yosemite And Tahoe Sierras Tour From San Francisco
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (except Hilton Hotel)
DAY 1 - San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
Buckle up! After departing San Francisco, you’ll head through California’s famous Gold Rush Country, high into the mountains of the Sierra Nevada. It’s time to experience the majestic views from Yosemite Valley with some of America’s tallest waterfalls and towering granite cliffs rising 4,000 feet from the valley floor. You’ll have the opportunity to explore on foot, by bike, or possibly by raft or mule. Hiking trails abound, and this afternoon your guide will help you find the perfect trail to take in this glacially carved valley. Afterwards, relax on the bank of the Merced River and soak up the spectacular views before heading back to the rustic mountain resort to kick back, have some drinks and share the stories of your day.
DAY 2 - Yosemite National Park to Mammoth Lakes, CA
The next morning, we’re off to explore more of what Yosemite has to offer. Your guide will set you up with an amazing morning hike or a chance to capture a few more iconic photos followed by lunch among the fabled Giant Sequoias. In the afternoon, you’ll hop back in the coach to ascend to almost 10,000 Feet (3000+ meters), traversing Yosemite’s Tioga Pass viewing iconic sites like the reflective Tenaya Lake and weaving your way through Tuolumne Meadows before descending the fiercely steep eastern slope of the Sierra Nevadas. Next up, an overnight stay in beautiful Mammoth Lakes, California. Hinting at its prehistoric past, the name is quite fitting: explore Mammoth’s huge mountains, numerous lakes, and expansive valleys. Try your hand at mountain biking or take a scenic Gondola ride up to 11,053 ft (3368 meters) and check out one of the most stunning 360 degree views in California. Explore the geologic, natural, and human history of Mammoth Lakes and find out why this is one of the most studied regions in the world. You’ll stay overnight in a quiet hotel or campsite in Mammoth Lakes.
DAY 3 - Mammoth Lakes to Lake Tahoe via Ansel Adams Wilderness Area
You’ll start your third day with the option to visit the Ansel Adams Wilderness area. This rugged place was named in honor of the famed nature photographer. Here you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Devil’s Postpile National Monument; this strange columnar basalt formation is a rare sight in the geologic world. With a name like that, you won’t be disappointed. You may also choose to take a short hike over to Rainbow Falls to snap a selfie! Next, you’re back on the road, this time headed to Lake Tahoe. Along the way, you’ll get off the pavement to experience a bit of Gold Rush history at the remote National Historic Landmark known as Bodie Ghost Town. End your adventure-filled day by trying your luck at blackjack, or the roulette wheel at The Hard Rock, Harrah's or one of South Lake Tahoe's other casinos. Gambling not your thing? We’ll set you up with a sunset sail or a lake cruise to Emerald Bay. You’ll stay the night in a South Lake Tahoe hotel or campsite.
DAY 4 - Lake Tahoe to San Francisco
This morning, you’ll get to choose your own adventure. Get up close and personal with the highest alpine lake in the USA either by kayak, stand-up paddleboard or bike. If you would prefer more of a bird’s eye view with panoramic vistas of Lake Tahoe, Carson Valley and the Desolation Wilderness, take a 2.4 mile gondola ride up, up, up to Heavenly Mountain resort where an array of adventure activities await you. Having trouble deciding? You always have the option to keep it simple and go on a short hike with the guidance of your professional tour leader.
This afternoon, you’ll leave Lake Tahoe behind and pass through the state’s capital city, Sacramento. You’ll follow the historic Pony Express Trail through El Dorado National Forest back to the City by the Bay, San Francisco, and we’ll drop off at our gateway hotel by 9 p.m.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Accommodations are double occupancy same-sex or couple share.
Private rooms for single occupants are available if option chosen.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 3 Attraction iVenture Card San Francisco
- 48 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 5 Attraction Pass-iVenture Card
- Deluxe Sonoma & Napa Valley Wine Country Tour
- Escape from the Rock
- Hop On Hop Off 1 Day & Alcatraz
- Hop On Hop Off 24 Hour Bus & Bike Combo