Yosemite National Park And Giant Sequoias Trip - San Francisco
OverviewTake time out for a day trip into the wild beauty of Yosemite National Park from San Francisco. You'll spend 5 6 hours inside the park with a combination of hikes, breathtaking vistas and free time to explore on your own. See giant sequoias of the Sierra Nevada and discover the raw beauty of California's most famous national park, including a scenic stop at Inspiration Point to see Half Dome and El Capitan.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourYour journey begins with a convenient pickup at your hotel. You'll cross the San Francisco Bay Bridge en route to the Sierra Nevada mountain range, driving through gold rush towns as your guide carries you back to the era of the old West.
In the late morning, enter Yosemite National Park where you'll take a guided walk. Visit the Tuolumne Grove (weather permitting) and be amazed by the size of the redwood trees in Yosemite's largest grove. Let the serene surroundings of the forest recharge your energy. Stop at the Fallen Monarch and "Grizzly Giant" and walk through the California Tunnel Tree to get a close-up look at Mother Nature's wonders.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a birds-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the massive granite formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for rock climbers as they daringly make their way to the summit. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in the park, Yosemite Falls.
After, you may explore Yosemite Valley on your own. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (own expense). With an additional 1 1.5 hours of free time to spend, you can engage in a variety of activities available within the park. Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls and perhaps spot a black bear; rent bikes for a leisurely cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley; cool off in lovely river pools in summer; or simply relax at the Valley Visitor Center or peruse the Ansel Adams Gallery sure to inspire any amateur photographer.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Inclusions for Yosemite National Park And Giant Sequoias Trip
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off(most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
Exclusions for Yosemite National Park And Giant Sequoias Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15-passenger minivan or a 36-passenger bus
Tour makes stops at approximately 8:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Union Square if your hotel is not listed
Please note: The Giant Sequoias Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Nature Lovers Experience - California's Redwoods with Aquarium Visit
- San Francisco Golden Gate Seaplane Tour
- San Francisco Super Saver City Tour Plus Muir Woods And Sausalito Day Trip
- Mount Tamalpais Views and Redwoods Hike
- Mission District Culinary Experience with Alcohol Pairing
- Small-Group Outlet Shopping and Napa Winery Day Trip from San Francisco