Yura Udnyu - Wilpena Pound Aboriginal Cultural WalkWrite a Review
OverviewWilpena Pound is located approximately 267-miles (429-kilometers) north of Adelaide, in the heart of Flinders Ranges National Park. It is a natural amphitheater of mountains and is a true representation of real Australian Outback. This tour consists of an easy to moderate 1.3-mile (2-kilometer) walk with some uneven ground. It is a fascinating Aboriginal and European cultural experience.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Join your experienced Yura guide at Wilpena Pound Resort for an entertaining and informative stroll from the Visitor Information Centre to Old Wilpena Station, one of South Australia's oldest and best preserved pastoral settlements. Walk along Wilpena Creek past magnificent stands of river red gums with stunning views of Wilpena Pound in the distance. As you pass through the station gate you'll step back 150-years to the early days of pastoral runs.
Along the way learn about the landscape, native animals, native bush-tucker which changes with the season, the Yura culture and history and the bio-diversity from the perspective of the Adnyamathanha people. Wander among original buildings of a bygone pastoral era, delving into the settlement history of the region.
“Yura” is the name for Adnyamathanha people and “Udnyu” means white, and this tour includes the intertwining histories of both cultures.
Inclusions for Yura Udnyu - Wilpena Pound Aboriginal Cultural Walk
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Yura Udnyu - Wilpena Pound Aboriginal Cultural Walk
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
- Transport to and from Wilpena Pound Resort
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.