OverviewVisit Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam and explore the Dutch countryside in a half-day tour. Visit a wooden shoe maker, a cheese farm as well as a working wind mill and also enjoy a boat ride on the De Zaan river to see the wind mills from the water!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the city center of Amsterdam from where your guide will take you directly to Zaanse Schans with its typical green houses and industrial wind mills.
Visit a clog maker and see how these traditional Dutch wooden shoes are being made. Continue your journey to visit a cheese farm, traditional crafts and a working wind mill. Enjoy this typical Dutch countryside experience while listening to stories from your local guide about the sights and the history of the area.
Next, you will board a boat to see the picturesque countryside and the wind mills from the water. Your boat cruise will take you to Zaandam with its former warehouses standing along the De Zaan river. See where big companies like Albert Heijn started and Russian czar Peter the Great learned how to build ships. You will have time on your own herefor lunch, shopping and/or to visit the Czar Peter House or some other highlights.
After your visit of Zaandam, you can go back to Amsterdam Central Station by train (train tickets included) at what ever time you prefer. You will also receive a tourist map to explore the city center of Zaandam.
Inclusions for Zaanse Schans Half-Day Tour Including Boat Ride To Zaandam From Amsterdam
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Boat cruise
- Round-trip train tickets
Exclusions for Zaanse Schans Half-Day Tour Including Boat Ride To Zaandam From Amsterdam
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in various weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.