Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken And Volendam Half-Day Trip From Amsterdam
OverviewLeave Amsterdam behind for a few hours and discover the surrounding Dutch countryside and its wonderful windmills. Drive through idyllic landscapes criss-crossed with canals, see authentic wooden houses and old-fashioned cheese-making in Volendam. Watch a shoemaker make clogs in Marken, and capture photos of the windmills the Netherlands is famous for in the picturesque village of Zaanse Schans. Throughout this half-day trip, listen to commentary about the history, culture and sights of the Netherlands.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourNext, you'll travel to the world-famous fishing villages of Volendam and Marken, on the coast of the former Zuiderzee (now called Ijselmeer). The old wooden houses here are built on stilts and locals still wear their colorful traditional dresses. Then, take a 20-minute boat trip from Volendam to Marken, with approximately 45 minutes at each stop (summer only). The cruise is optional but is included in the cost of the tour.
During the day you'll also stop at one of the few farms where cheese is still made in the traditional way.
7-Hour tour departing at 12pm
This option was created based on customer feedback to offer an alternative itinerary and longer tour duration. The afternoon tour at 12pm is 7hours in duration. It visits the windmill village of "Zaanse Schans" and the towns of Marken and Volendam. However, this tour gives you more time at all 3 locations.
Inclusions for Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken And Volendam Half-Day Trip From Amsterdam
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Boat ride - (optional but no extra charge)
- Entrance to a windmill
Exclusions for Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken And Volendam Half-Day Trip From Amsterdam
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children up to and including 3 years old are free of charge (not occupying a seat)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amsterdam Guided Tour of United East India Company and Maritime Museum with Art Historian
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Stedelijk Museum
- Small-Group Day Trip to Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague from Amsterdam Including Spido Boat Tour
- Amsterdam Super Saver: City Walking Tour plus Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip
- Keukenhof Garden Private Transfer with Entrance Tickets
- Private Amsterdam Walking Tour Including Refreshments