Zadar Churches Walking Tour
OverviewZadar is a city with a lot of church and every one of them has its own story. This tour with a local guide will give you an opportunity to get to know some interesting things about history of churches and also about Zadar itself.
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDeparture time is arranged with the tour operator directly upon booking. Visit churches that will leave you mezmerized:
Church of our Lady -- of HealthPlaced at the end of the main street in Zadar, Kalelarga, the church represents one of the landmarks and meeting points of the city where the tour starts.
Saint Francis Church and Franciscan Monastery -- The first Gothic church in Dalmatia, built on the place where St. Francis himself has been upon his arrival in Zadar.
Saint Mary's Church -- Church and a convent for benedictine nouns confined for life. The bell-tower dates from 12th century, the facade of the church belongs to the Venetian renaissance style and the interior is decorated with the rococo stucco decorations.
Saint Donatus ChurchPre-Romanesque church unique in the European art, built entirely of ancient roman stone with visible foundations. The church turns into a musical center during August, when the popular festival of European renaissance classical music 'Musical Evenings in Saint Donatus' is held.
Saint Elias Church -- The only orthodox church in Zadar built in the 16th century with a recently opened religious art collection.
Saint Anastasia's Cathedral -- The biggest Romanesque church in Dalmatia built in the 12th and 13th Centuries, with some paleo-christian remains, fresco decorations, and the famous sarcophagus with the remains of Saint Anastasia herself.
Saint Chrysogonus Church -- Another Romanesque church built contemporary with the cathedral, dedicated to the saint patron of Zadar, a Roman knight who was also, during his lifetime, a great friend of Saint Anastasia.
Saint Peter The Elder's Church -- An early medieval church consistent of two small churches connected with the apse. The lateral one bears it's specialty in a unique two nave composition and rich fresco decorations.
Saint Lawrence Church -- Small church dated in the 11th century, now makes a part of the cafe 'Lovre' located on People's square.
Saint Michel's Church -- Typical Gothic church from the 13th century located in the medieval part of the peninsula with typical dalmatian narrow streets.
Saint Dominic's Church -- Gothic church and the remains of the convent known for foundation of the first university in Croatia in 1396, and for the invention of the famous cherry liquor maraschino.
Saint Simeon's Church -- The final site in the tour is dedicated to Saint Simeon the Elder, Saint patron of Zadar who's body is located inside a golden chest placed above the church's altar.
Inclusions for Zadar Churches Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees for all churches
Exclusions for Zadar Churches Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ugljan Island Self-Guide Bike Tour
- Pag Island Private Day Trip from Zadar
- Beach Hunting Boat Full Day Tour from Zadar
- Private Tour to Krka National Park with Skradinski Buk Waterfall from Sibenik
- Plitvice National Park Full-Day Tour from Zadar
- Kornati National Park Full-Day Trip from Zadar
- Private Saharun Beach Boat Trip from Zadar
- Croatia Islands Speedboat Experience