Zadar City Tour: Antique Treasures
OverviewSmall-group sightseeing tour of Zadar`s Antique treasures. Founded by the first Roman emperor Augustus , Zadar was one of the most important centers of the Roman Empire. that still preserves majority of Roman monuments and 1st century urbanism. If you want to learn more about Roman empire its culture and religion, Zadar is the perfect place to do it.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourRoman colony Iaderand Zadar still co-exist in the perfect architectural harmony. In spite of Zadar`s turbulent history, Roman city survived, so the center of Roman Zadar, the Forum Square, is still the most vital part of the city. Explore Roman traditions and discover Zadar sights that date back from the Antique Era.
Your sightseeing tour includes:
Forum square: the ruins of Antique Roman square are situated beneath and around St. Donatus church. There was a crossing of two main Roman streets Via Decumanus and Via Cardo which indicate the Antique Roman architectural style.
St Donatus Church: it was firstly mentioned by the Constantine Porphyrogenitus in his description of Dalmatia in 949. It has been dedicated to the Holy Trinity and nowadays carries the name of bishop Donatus who ordered the construction of the church.
Port Marina: on the inner part of seaward city gate is visible a part of Roman arch with the inscription mentioning Roman citizen Melia Aniana.
The Museum of Ancient Glass: houses more than 5000 glass objects dating from 1st to5th century. The permanent exhibition counts 2035 artifacts from Antique Era found on the area of Zadar Region.
Roman City Walls: the ruins of Roman fortification system are visible in the eastern part of the Old Town. There is a passage of emperor Augustus who had founded Zadar according the legend.
Maraschino tasting at Cafe Lovre: Cafe Lovre is one of the oldest cafes in Zadar. Sense the pulse of the city in its very heart, on People`s square.
Inclusions for Zadar City Tour: Antique Treasures
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for Zadar City Tour: Antique Treasures
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply (4). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.