Zagreb Christmas Carol Walking Tour
OverviewUnder the glowing lights of its modern day Christmas markets, Zagreb hides many curious seasonal traditions. This 1,5 h walking tour is a great way to see the old town and major attractions during the holiday season. Interesting Croatian folk beliefs and customs, amazing Zagreb winter records, fun stories about winters of old and the shortest cable car ride in the world, will take you back through time and make you love the Christmas time in Zagreb even more.
- Seasonal Offer
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
The tour starts by the fountain in front of the Zagreb cathedral. It continues to the main square, and then to the medieval upper town area where the guide will share many fun stories about the winters of old. The famous Zagreb funicular takes us back to the so-called lower town full of Christmas markets. The tour ends at the charming Zrinjevac square.
The price of the ticket includes the services of a tour guide, the ticket for the funicular and a traditional hand made Christmas-tree decoration.
This tour shares stories about local traditional customs related to the period around the end of the year. Croatian people have special customs related to certain Christmas saints, they follow certain traditions believed to bring prosperity in the upcoming year. The whole month of December and the beginning of January are considered to be magical in the local folklore, and the traditions are rooted deep in prechristian times.
It also includes stories about winters of old. How did the winter sports get to Zagreb and how did the city without a proper mountain produce two Olympic-medal-winners in alpine skiing. How did people back in the days on a hilly medieval town deal with too much snow, and even with the lack of snow. Some famous Croatian personalities born in the month of December also get a mention on this tour.
Through all of these stories, it's easier to imagine the life in the past. Through the veil of season-related stories, you also get to learn a lot of history and see many important sites, such as Zagreb cathedral, Main Square, Stone Gate, St Mark's Church, Funicular, Octogon passage, Flower Square, Nikola Tesla street and park Zrinjevac.
This tour is a great introduction to the lively December in Zagreb because you will receive many tips for the best seasonal events in town.
Inclusions for Zagreb Christmas Carol Walking Tour
- Professional local guide
- Ticket for funicular
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Zagreb Christmas Carol Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Guided Day Tour of Plitvice National Park from Zagreb
- Small-Group Plitvice Lakes National Park Day Trip from Zagreb
- Croatian Zagorje Tour and Medieval Meal Day Trip from Zagreb
- Ljubljana and Bled: The City of Dragon and Alpine Beauty Day Trip from Zagreb
- Zagreb Super Saver: Ljubljana and Lake Bled Full-Day Tour and Walking Tour of Zagreb
- Zagreb Small-Group Walking Tour