Zakopane And Tatra Mountains From Krakow (Private Tour)
OverviewDiscover the beauty of Poland's Tatra Mountains and the charms of Zakopane spa town on this 8-hour PRIVATE trip from Krakow. See traditional wooden cabins in the village of Chocholow, the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki, and a timber church in Jaszczurowka. Explore Zakopane, from the Peksowy Brzyzek old cemetery to Krupowki Street, and ride the funicular up Gubalowka Hill.
Know More about this tour
Expect pickup from your Krakow hotel by 9 am. It's a scenic 2-hour drive to the pretty village of Chocholow, and your guide will point out landmarks and views along the way. Besides its setting in the Tatra mountains, Chocolow stands out for its traditional wooden cabins, making it one of the best-preserved highland villages in Poland.
From here, it's a 20-minute drive to the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki, built to commemorate the Polish Pope John Paul II's survival of an assassination attempt in the 1980s.
It's just a short drive from here to the town center. Your guide will lead you to Peksowy Brzyzek old cemetery, home to the graves of Zakopane locals, including several World War II resistance heroes, and along Krupowki Street, one of Poland's best-known shopping streets, where you'll have the chance to grab a bite to eat (own expense). From here, it's a thrilling ride by funicular up to the top of Gubalowka Hill, which offers stunning views of the city and the mountains.
Hop back in the van for the short drive to Jaszczurowka village. The attraction here is the towering Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus built entirely from timber in traditional Polish fashion.
You'll leave Jaszczurowka around 3pm for the 2-hour drive back to Krakow: you'll be dropped back at your hotel from 5pm.
Inclusions for Zakopane And Tatra Mountains From Krakow (Private Tour)
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Zakopane And Tatra Mountains From Krakow (Private Tour)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wifi Everywhere in Krakow
- Krakow Airport Private VIP Round-trip Transfer by Mercedes Limousine
- Auschwitz and Birkenau Round-Trip Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Salt-Mine Wieliczka Round-Trip Private Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Polish Countryside and Tyniec Abbey Bike Tour from Krakow
- Krakow Chamber Orchestra Concert at St Adalbert's Church
- Krakow Balice Airport Round Trip Private Transfer
- Ojcw National Park From Krakow