Zapopan Tour From Guadalajara: Basilica Of Our Lady And Huichol Art MuseumWrite a Review
From USD 88
OverviewVisit the top two attractions in the nearby town of Zapopan on this 4-hour tour from Guadalajara with a local guide. Just a 25-minute drive from Guadalajara, Zapopan is known for its stunning Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan, which houses a sacred statue of the Virgin, attracting millions of Catholic pilgrims each year. See the venerated statue and learn about its history, and then visit the adjacent Huichol Art Museum, dedicated to the detailed artwork of the native Huichol people. Hotel transport is included.
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, your tour starts with the 25-minute drive to Zapopan, about 7 miles (11 km) northwest of central Guadalajara. On the drive, your guide will tell about the two attractions youll visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan (Baslica de Nuestra Seora de Zapopan) and the Huichol Art Museum (Museo de Arte Huichol Wixrica), which is adjacent to the basilica.
When you arrive at the large, 17th-century basilica, marvel at its Spanish Baroque faade, and then enter with your guide to explore its ornate interior. Admire the many paintings and sculptures, and see the relic that makes this basilica so special to the millions of Catholics who make their pilgrimage here every October: the 10-inch (25-cm) statue of the Virgin (Our Lady of Zapopan) that dates back to the Middle Ages.
Then head next door to the Huichol Art Museum to check out its collection of colorful clothing, figurines and other artwork from the indigenous Huichol people. Natives of the state of Jalisco, the Huichol are known for their intricate beadwork and embroidery. Learn a bit about their culture as you admire the collection, and then browse the gift shop to pick up some beautiful souvenirs.
Next, walk about a block with your guide to Calle 20 de Noviembre, also known as the Andador, Zapopans popular pedestrian-only street, lined with bars, restaurants and shops. Stop for a drink or bite to eat here if you wish (own expense) before returning to the tour vehicle for the drive back to Guadalajara, where your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Zapopan Tour From Guadalajara: Basilica Of Our Lady And Huichol Art Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by car, van or coach (depending on the group size)
- Entrance fee to Huichol Art Museum
Exclusions for Zapopan Tour From Guadalajara: Basilica Of Our Lady And Huichol Art Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.