Zhouzhuang Water Village Tour From Shanghai
OverviewTake a gondola ride through the elegant waterways of Zhouzhuang, the 'Venice of the East. Youll step into the old residences of Zhang House and Shen House, and wander through the vast expanse of courtyards, arcades and rooms that make up these complexes. Dont miss out on visiting one of the most popular tourist destinations in China, with its other-worldly landscapes and stunning architecture.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourWith its interconnected waterways and dreamy landscapes, Zhouzhuang is one of the top water villages in China. Take a step back in time to view magnificent canals and stone bridges. The majority of the towns residences were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties, and nearly 100 traditional courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways are still in use. You will visit two of the most popular sights in this water town: Shen House and Zhang House.
Shen House was a private property built in the Qing style, and occupies an enormous area of over 2,000 square feet (186 square meters). It features charming displays like a water gate, a gate tower, a tearoom and a main hall. It also has artworks including carvings that tell historic stories, a painted sculpture of Shen Wansan, and other cultural relics such as folk instruments. Zhang House is equally impressive, with 70 rooms taking up over 1,900 square feet (177 square meters). It is a graceful residential house with a tranquil courtyard and pond.
After walking with the locals in the town's cobbled lanes, you will be taken on a Chinese-style gondola ride through the old town, where you can admire the simple and well-preserved architecture that dates back more than 900 years. Locals still live their life on the waterways, carrying out daily activities such as washing clothes and shopping from vendors on boats. You will have the opportunity to take many photos of this picturesque town.
This tour provides hotel pickup and drop-off and is a great way to learn about the cultural background of Chinas Jiangsu province.
Inclusions for Zhouzhuang Water Village Tour From Shanghai
- Gondola cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in itinerary
Exclusions for Zhouzhuang Water Village Tour From Shanghai
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be over the age of 2.
Local guide will contact to confirm the departure the evening before departure day.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private VIP Class Huangpu River Cruise and Evening City Lights Tour
- 3-Hour Walking Tour: Old Town Morning With Authentic Shanghainese Breakfast
- A Half Day Trip To Zhujiajiao from Shanghai
- Taste of Shanghai: Half-Day Cooking Class of Dumplings and Chinese Buns
- Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Village
- Chinese Acrobats and Shanghai Evening Tour