Zipline And Caves Branch River Tubing From Ambergris Caye
OverviewExplore treetop canopies and underground caves on this full-day adventure tour at Caves Branch Outpost from Ambergris Caye. After a short flight from Ambergris Caye to Belize City, youll ride along a 7-course zipline before heading on a nature walk to your underground cave-tubing adventure. Plus, enjoy a buffet lunch (included) at the Canopy Caf.
- All entrance fees included
- Round-trip airfares
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Begin your full-day adventure with a 15-minute flight to Belize City from the San Pedro Ambergris Caye Airstrip! Then, relax on a 1-hour drive along Belizes Western Highway to Caves Branch Outpost, located in the Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archeological Reserve. When you arrive, prepare for your zipline and cave-tubing adventure!
First, get an instructional safety briefing from an expert guide and try on your equipment including harness and hardhat. Then, climb up to your first zipline, secured to a platform high up in a hardwood tree, and look out across the tropical forest canopy. Your spectacular view includes palm fronds and a scenic backdrop of karst limestone cliffs.
When you feel ready, take a thrilling leap and propel yourself by the overhead cable across the first 150 feet (46 meters)! When you arrive at the next platform, youll be excited to take off again and continue gliding gracefully between treetops. With six more ziplines to go, each ranging in length from 200 to 600 feet (61 to 182 meters), youll feel like youre flying!
After the final stretch, exchange your zipline gear for cave-tubing equipment, including a hardhat with headlamp, and follow your guide down a nature trail. Along the way, learn about the herbs, roots and medicinal plants the Maya used for ancient remedies. Your guide will point out the sounds and sightings of various bird species as well.
Youll arrive at the entrance tunnel to an ancient, underground cave system. Here, the Caves Branch River winds through caverns the Maya once occupied, called Xibalba the underworld in Mayan mythology. After a safety briefing and instructions on proper cave exploration from your guide, youll be ready to float along the gentle currents.
Sit back on your own inflated inner tube and enjoy drifting through the beautiful caves, where stalagmites and stalactites and other crystal-like formations have developed over time. Youll surface into the sunlight before submerging into another cave; your cave journey ends in the open river with the rest of your group floating on their tubes.
Your adventure at Caves Branch Outpost ends with a buffet lunch at the Canopy Caf (including juice or iced tea), before transport back to Belize City for your return flight to Ambergris Caye.
Inclusions for Zipline And Caves Branch River Tubing From Ambergris Caye
- Professional guide
- Round-trip flight to Belize City aboard Maya Island Air
- Buffet lunch
- Entrance fees
- Flotation device, hard hat with head lamp and life vest
Exclusions for Zipline And Caves Branch River Tubing From Ambergris Caye
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Fuel surcharge for hotels located north of San Pedro.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years old
Change of clothes, shoes and towel is recommended
Note: difficulty level is moderate
Please note: you will be traveling aboard Maya island Air
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.