OverviewDiscover the charms of Zurich and take an optional excursion to two of northern Switzerland’s beauty spots on a day trip from Lucerne. The experience is available with three tour options. Spend the day in Zurich enjoying a morning sightseeing tour, or make the most of a free morning in the city before a trip to Rhine Falls and the medieval village of Stein am Rhein, famous for its fresco-painted houses. Alternatively, combine both tours into one memorable, fully guided day trip that takes in Zurich, the Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from central Lucerne, sit back and relax on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach while your guide provides some background on Switzerland's history and culture.
Drive to to Kilchberg, home of the world-famous chocolate factory Lindt & Sprüngli. Browse the immense assortment and opt to buy some of the delicious Swiss chocolate.
Continue along the shores of Lake Zürich, passing the charming Old Town toward the University Quarter. Cross the street of Limmatquai that runs along the river before arriving at the main train station.
After a short lunch break (30-45 minutes), head north through vineyards and farming villages until you reach Laufen Castle, overlooking the mighty Rhine Falls. Take in panoramic views from the lift and see how an average of 700,000 liters of water per second plunges across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. Opt to take a boat ride (subject to availability) in the waters below the falls.
Continue through Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress to the medieval town of Stein am Rhein. Learn about the well-preserved Old Town on a stroll and admire the medieval architecture, such as the former monastery of St. Georgen, the town hall, and the armory. Most of the half-timbered frame houses are made of stone with delicate wooden window frames and impress visitors with their exceptional frescoes.
After some free time, drive back in the evening to Lucerne.
Inclusions for Zurich Combo From Lucerne: Zurich Sightseeing, Rhine Falls And Stein Am Rhein
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Professional, multilingual guide (English / German)
- Visit to the Lindt Chocolate Shop, Kilchberg
- Introduction City Tour in Zürich
- Entrance fee to Rhine Falls Experience at Laufen castle with panorama glass lift,
- Belvedere trail, Historama castle museum and viewing platform Känzeli
- Guided walk through the medieval old town of Stein am Rhein
Exclusions for Zurich Combo From Lucerne: Zurich Sightseeing, Rhine Falls And Stein Am Rhein
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Optional boat ride in the Rhine basin (CHF 10.00 per adult / CHF 5.00 per child)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note:the boat ride is available from May until October. However, depending on the number of people in the tour, will be subject to availability.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Independent Mount Rigi Tour From Lucerne Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
- Authentic Swiss Experience From Lucerne: Watch Producer Visit, Boat Ride, Rigi Mountain And Chocolate Adventure
- Small-Group Swiss Alps Day Trip From Lucerne
- Swiss Chocolate Adventure Experience At Swiss Museum Of Transport In Lucerne
- Guided City Walk Of Lucerne And Its Fortifications
- Mount Pilatus Golden Tour
- Essential Lucerne Photography Tour
- 4 Lakes Lucerne Bike Tour